• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
DavidMcG

True Detective

The second time you saw his phone - did it not confirm the message had been sent that time?

No, it said the message failed due to lack of coverage.

I thought it was really poor to start off with, then picked up a bit after the street shoot out. The last 2 or 3 episodes were the best ones though. It wasn't a patch on Season 1 but I can see a season 3 being made somewhere down the line.

Lately by Lera Lynn? They played her a few times throughout (she was the lass playing guitar in the bar) Sure that played out at the end also...unless you're thinking of something else.

Edited by Christophe

Tbh not a patch on season 1, although the red headed wife of Frank was absolutely lovely which was a positive aswell as the lassie singing who I thought was brilliant

I didn't have a clue wtf was going on for the most part tbh, just like I felt like I understood what was going on I got confused again

I do love the show set up so hopefully next seasons an improvement

Well....that was all a bit shit. Picked up after the shootout episode but still pretty poor with some decent bits. Didn't really like the ending either, all seemed a bit pointless. Season 3, no thanks.

Based on Season 1, I'd be more than happy to give a Season 3 a shot, and I think the episodes that rounded everything up were good enough. By the sounds of things, a season 3 is in the works as well.

Finally got around to this, tremendous television. Almost finished season 1. That last quarter of episode 4, going into the biker's den and the resultant heist, was utterly intense. Amazing camera and sound work during the heist. Actually, the sound throughout the series is proper broody. The title song is also perfect.

Solidifies McConnaughy as one of the finest male actors around imo. A character sitting in a chair has never sounded, looked and felt so interesting and real, hour after hour.

Edited by banana

Bump

Finished season 2 the other day. Probably not quite as good as season 1, but still brilliant. I think a tighter plot would possibly have helped - I don't think there was ever really a point where I could have set out in detail what had happened and how and why etc. I found the Vince Vaughn and Taylor Kitsch characters great. Farrell and McAdams less so, but still good. 

Forgot 3rd series had started so this is next on the list. Just watched Mahershala Ali in the excellent new film Green Book.

Do you have to have watched previous series to start this?  I've always fancied it but never got round to it.

Forgot about this also. I see 2 episodes are available on week 1.

Do you have to have watched previous series to start this?  I've always fancied it but never got round to it.
I wouldn't think so. The 1st two series were totally unrelated. I didn't enjoy the 2nd series at all tbh. Series 1 is excellent though.

Nope.

On 14/01/2019 at 16:50, ICTChris said:

Not at all, but for the love of god watch series 1 would you! It’s one of the finest seasons of TV ever! 

I haven't watched much of the 2nd just couldn't get into it. But the 1st is one of the best TV series I've ever watched