True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

Not being swayed by a ten minute shoot out, that episode was a joke for 40-odd mins, wearing really thin with this. If it didn't have the name it'd be getting absolutely buried.

I actually think that if it had a different name it'd be getting more credit. Only programme on right now that I prefer is Mr Robot.

Nope, I'm finding it hard to follow as well. I found this episode dull like previous ones before it all kicked off near the end .

Yeah, this is one of my criticism of it too. Its fairly obvious the writer has been thumbing through a thesaurus while coming up with the dialogue.

The shoot out won't paper over the cracks of this series. Even that was poorly done and would agree with the extras just standing waiting to get shot rather than running for cover. The dialogue between Vaughn and his wife(that dreadful English actress) are cringeworthy. Sticking with it for now but it really needs to get more interesting.

Really enjoyed it again last night. Negatives for me are some shonky, cliched lines for Vaughan and his missus but otherwise I find it hard to fault. I do still get a giggle from the amount of similarities to GTA (the shootout, the cult in the hills) and LA Confidential (the mystery parties) but if you're going to rip something off it might as well be decent stuff like this.

I remember being bored and a bit confused during the first two or three episodes of pretty much every series of The Wire. I'm not saying this will be anywhere near that level but I did feel things were clicking into place a bit in that episode and enjoyed it more as a result. The process of laying out the million different plots wasn't great to watch but hopefully there's a payoff and and it gets better each episode from here.

Was going to comment on the Vince Vaughan/Kelly Reilly exchanges, so glad to see everyone's in agreement. Some of the dialogue generally and stuff like the bar singer wifey annoy the f**k out of me

It works a lot better when they simplify the plot down to the basics. Give us an endgame, make us want them to succeed. Wash up and rinse. In this episode, you could see using such a template made it work so much better.

I still couldn't remember for the life of me why that shootout happened a few episodes back.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Finally caught up last night. Enjoyed the first episode before it dipped for a few but has improved since. Not entirely sure what is going on everywhere but have a rough idea (which i may have made up and so completely wrong) and will keep watching to see what the f**k is going on.

The biker cop is annoying and the twisted gay guy afraid to be true to himself storyline is beyond the point of tired in tv shows.

I'm sure there is plenty of information in Vaughn and his wife's discussions about having a kid but i really dont give a shit.

Not anywhere near as good as the first season but was never expecting it to be.