True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

Watched Season 1 last week then caught up on Season 2 last night. Season 1 was also very slow to start and I was getting a bit bored until it all kicked off 4 or 5 episodes in. That's why I'm sticking with this one. It's not as if it's been total garbage and I am intrigued to watch on.

But the shot of that fucking spaghetti junction, just like that swampy Louisiana road in Season 1. We know it's in LA now f**k off.

Not being swayed by a ten minute shoot out, that episode was a joke for 40-odd mins, wearing really thin with this. If it didn't have the name it'd be getting absolutely buried.

Edited by Christophe

Not being swayed by a ten minute shoot out, that episode was a joke for 40-odd mins, wearing really thin with this. If it didn't have the name it'd be getting absolutely buried.

It's not been that bad at all imo, it's missing Harrelson and McConnaughey so it was always going to be hard to match the first season's chemistry/acting chops.

I've been mostly enjoying it, there isn't much else like it on TV although I'd say this season is more like The Wire than True Detective's first series.

That shoot-out everyone's wanking off over was just terrible and went on forever, they were trying to do the episode 4 thing from the first season weren't they and it just didn't work at all. Those protestors, their whole reason for being there, how they stood around like people in GTA just waiting to get shot, the mayor's house, his children, Vince Vaughan just moaning all the time, he might as well be playing Alf Garnett, most of it is just preposterous and horrible