True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

• 1 month later...

Was gonna put this in the Upcoming thread, but the serious level of excitement in me leads me to give it a new thread. Seems worth it to me. If it lives up to the promise, this could be very special. Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson and Michelle Monaghan star in a movie set in 1995 and 2012 and is revolving around a murder case.

EDIT: It's a TV show. Not a movie, as I said here. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roiKrE5KLbk

Edited by DomDom

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a little bored. If they had two other actors in there, I doubt this series would survive.

I'm pretty gripped by it. Interesting to see where it goes.

The second episode was definitely weaker than the premiere. But still plenty of information given. It's like they are dripfeeding it to the viewer.

Can't wait to watch the next episode during my lunch hour tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

This is absolutely outstanding. Matthew McConaughey is so good in it, I never really paid much attention to him before seeing him in this. It's dark, it's not exactly action packed but the characters are excellent and the story is gripping. I know it's early on to be saying this but the way it's going it could be up there with The Wire, for me.

Wow. Simply stunning TV. Fantastically written and acted, with a real intensity throughout. Matthew McConaughey went through a horrendous 'rom com' stage in his career but there is no doubting how good an actor he is. Delighted he has upped his game in the last couple of years.

Despite only being one episode in I can see this possibly becoming one of my favourite TV shows of all time.