True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tbh not a patch on season 1, although the red headed wife of Frank was absolutely lovely which was a positive aswell as the lassie singing who I thought was brilliant

I didn't have a clue wtf was going on for the most part tbh, just like I felt like I understood what was going on I got confused again

I do love the show set up so hopefully next seasons an improvement

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to this, tremendous television. Almost finished season 1. That last quarter of episode 4, going into the biker's den and the resultant heist, was utterly intense. Amazing camera and sound work during the heist. Actually, the sound throughout the series is proper broody. The title song is also perfect.

Solidifies McConnaughy as one of the finest male actors around imo. A character sitting in a chair has never sounded, looked and felt so interesting and real, hour after hour.

Edited by banana

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Forgot about this also. I see 2 episodes are available on week 1.

Do you have to have watched previous series to start this?  I've always fancied it but never got round to it.
I wouldn't think so. The 1st two series were totally unrelated. I didn't enjoy the 2nd series at all tbh. Series 1 is excellent though.

On 14/01/2019 at 16:50, ICTChris said:

Do you have to have watched previous series to start this?  I've always fancied it but never got round to it.

Not at all, but for the love of god watch series 1 would you! It’s one of the finest seasons of TV ever!