Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ones that he has no chance of getting, I'd imagine.

He'll be wanting to go into a good situation where success is almost guaranteed and his CV gets enhanced. Our u21s aren't that, so he'll continue to just bide his time. He's still in his 30s so there's no rush.

You're clearly just talking out your arse by the sounds of things. 

He will choose somehwere for all sorts of reasons that none of us will really know.

19 hours ago, bleedingums said:

Probably Performance Director would be the more likely role for someone like Cathro, but maybe they could expand the role to also coach the 19s (or 21s and punt Gemmil down to the 19s...or just punt Gemmil....).

The only one that is currently already in the system that seems to be doing good things is McLaughlin so he'd be worth considering, although maybe there's value in keeping him where he is as well.

An other person I thought of was Rhys McCabe - is his role at Airdrie part time? He's still to climb the job ladder so would maybe see it as a good thing to add to his CV. Been really impressed with his commitment to decent football at Airdrie and seems to already use and improve young players.

The Championship has fixtures during international breaks. I could be wrong but I think Airdrie are full time or at least hybrid.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The Championship has fixtures during international breaks. I could be wrong but I think Airdrie are full time or at least hybrid.

Hybrid