Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

I thought I'd start a thread for discussion on u-19s u-17s etc. Squads, results, games and so on see if it takes off.

I saw the U-18s (with Real Madrid's Jack Harper playing) beat the Dutch 2-0. That's a quality result. Anybody at the game?

• 1 month later...

Nothing todo with taking the foot off the gas - Slovakia were a pretty decent side tonight and we were quite lucky to be 2-0 ahead. Good performance and excellent result IMO. Two very good goals. I'd argue we have similar problems with the u21s as we do the full squad. We look good going forward with loads of quite wee technical players. No real dig in the middle of the park though and the centre of the defence looks very vulnerable. Archer in goals is a bit hit and miss too.

How can a San Marino U-21's team with ten men get a better result against England than we did with eleven men?

:lol: You really are tragic. Supras was right by the way, all your posts are ever about are the EPL and how incredible it is, and how shite Scottish football is. I've literally no idea why you post on this site

Didn't someone supporting the fakes claim he was a 1st division poster boy and wouldn't reach 20 goals?

At this rate he'll go beyond it

Think it was Lex. I suggested May was the biggest talent in the country and he laughed it off, then proceeding to mock me and suggest May wouldn't reach a certain number of goals. I'll be sure to quote it if May scores a hat-trick against the Midden

Think it was Lex. I suggested May was the biggest talent in the country and he laughed it off, then proceeding to mock me and suggest May wouldn't reach a certain number of goals. I'll be sure to quote it if May scores a hat-trick against the Midden 

Its tough for the fuddies to take, they've not had a genuinely exciting prospect since Ricky Gillies and that hardly worked out for them.

May is the best Scottish striker in the SPL at the moment, no doubts about it. If he continues his progress at the same rate as the last 2 years, he'll easily win young player of the year and top scorer awards. I'll be astonished if he doesn't smash our transfer record.

Its tough for the fuddies to take, they've not had a genuinely exciting prospect since Ricky Gillies and that hardly worked out for them.

May is the best Scottish striker in the SPL at the moment, no doubts about it. If he continues his progress at the same rate as the last 2 years, he'll easily win young player of the year and top scorer awards. I'll be astonished if he doesn't smash our transfer record.

To be honest John McGinn is arguably just a big a talent, and he's proven himself over a few SPL seasons now. As much as May looks outstanding, and his performance against ICT was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen in the flesh, its important we don't get too carried away. Keigan Parker scored 10 goals before December in the SPL at the age of 18, and then didn't score again all season and is now rotting in the Junior leagues. May has more talent and seems to be more mature, but I think we have to be careful not to expect too much from him too soon. He's been deadly for two years now, he'll hit a slump eventually