Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

• 3 weeks later...

Draw was made this morning for the 2025 euro u21 qualifiers. Scotland sneaked into pot 3 by the skin of our teeth but looks like a tough draw regardless.

329037006_2555866694552644_4503698554271

ETA I'm basing that on nothing, Spain and Belgium might have an awful u21s team this year for all I know.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Draw was made this morning for the 2025 euro u21 qualifiers. Scotland sneaked into pot 3 by the skin of our teeth but looks like a tough draw regardless.

ETA I'm basing that on nothing, Spain and Belgium might have an awful u21s team this year for all I know.

Tbh, finishing third would still be an improvement on some recent campaigns. 

Youth teams obviously vary hugely, but that looks like a very tough group. 

We do seem to a young but impressive team for these qualifiers. The hope would be to at least reasonably compete with the Top 2 and not collapse against those beneath us.

23 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Have Spain ever had an awful u21 team?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2022 at 16:57, Honest_Man#1 said:

Looks a decent player but makes a few mistakes each game, but that’s exactly what you’d expect from a young player first breaking through into first team football. I expect he’ll probably have spells in and out of the Boro team during the season. Looks a good prospect though and great to see him so desperate to play for Scotland.

All of the above absolute nonsense. One of the first names on the team sheet for a team really pushing to go up to the EPL. He’s so composed for a young player and his range of passing is getting better and better each week. He was absolutely outstanding tonight and set up a couple of the goals.

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

All of the above absolute nonsense. One of the first names on the team sheet for a team really pushing to go up to the EPL. He’s so composed for a young player and his range of passing is getting better and better each week. He was absolutely outstanding tonight and set up a couple of the goals.

I don't fancy scrolling back to November. Who are you talking about?

Edited by velo army