Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

I watched the game tonight, Ramsay absolutely cruised through it, though his crossing was a bit off as Liverpool had absolutely nothing in the box. Doak looks the real deal to be honest, was going past players for fun which is encouraging given that Derby defended so deep that they barely left their own box

Watched the game - Ramsay mega comfortable although not hugely challenged tonight by Derby. Would not have known it was his debut, he was confident and assured throughout. He will get plenty minutes this season for Liverpool.

Doak had a very impressive 15 minutes at the end as well. Looked for the ball every single attack, had a few runs, always taking on his man, created a few chances. 

Brilliant to see him getting first team action. Obviously it was a second string Liverpool Vs a lower league side in the diddy cup, but impressive all the same for a 16 year old to achieve that.

Being honest though, the highlights on that vid didn't really show much from him - a bit of a mad slice at goal and another bit where he tried a run and was tackled cleanly.

Not that the quality of his 20 mins or so means anything. It's the fact he was there. The first step towards hopefully breaking into contention for the first team squad in the medium term future... which is really encouraging.

On 31/10/2022 at 16:33, Pie Of The Month said:

Fixtures are

Iceland at Firhill - Wednedsay 16th November 7.30pm
Kazakhstan at Somerset Park - Saturday 19th November 3pm
France at Somerset Park - Tuesday 22nd November 7.30pm

Anyone planning on heading along to any of these fixtures? Iceland and Kazakhstan look very winnable so naturally I'm not able to get to either of those two! Looking forward to the France game though, should be some good players on show and I'll finally get to visit Somerset Park, which has been on my "to visit" list for ages.

On 14/11/2022 at 11:00, CM. said:

Full back Max Johnston (on loan at Cove from Motherwell) has been called up for the u21s, presumably to replace Ramsay who's in the senior squad

Doig & Leon King now withdrawn with injury plus Anderson, Bowie, McKinnon and McKinstry and Reid for, well, no reason. 

Elliot Anderson is in Dubai with some of the other Newcastle players.

I think it's quite clear now that he doesn't really have an interest in playing for the under 21s. 

Whether that's because he believes it isn't worth his time (like Hickey did) or whether he wants to pursue England as his first choice I'm not sure.