Arcade Fire

AirdrieGuy

Incredible gig! Best gig I've been to at the barrowlands and I've seen some great gigs there. Reflektor, Power Out and Wake Up were the highlights for me.

The whole thing was ridiculously brilliant, what with the mariachi band, dress code and the band dancing in the crowd while wearing the big heads before the gig.

Aye it was a stoater of a night, got my photo taken with Win as well. Out of the new tracks i'd say Reflektor, Normal Person and Afterlife were the pick of the bunch but it was Sprawl II and Wake Up that were my highlights.

Also, i've got to say that the dress code worked brilliantly and not just because there was plenty of tidy birds in the audience :ph34r: I'd say 95% of the crowd made some sort of effort and it certainly added to the atmosphere.

Edited by Shengus Khan

Also got my photo taken with Win! :D

Unbelievably good gig, I was worried I'd built it up too much beforehand but it met and blew away my expectations. 6th time seeing them and definitely the best. Off the new album Normal Person was the highlight. Everything sounded great though Flashbulb Eyes is the weak point. All the old stuff was great and the place went mental for Wake Up. Still buzzing!

I cannot fucking wait until tomorrow night. I'd read on twitter that Barrowlands was one of the favourites of James Murphy (who produced the album), and that they'd promised they'd play wake up any time they are there when the played in the past. I've no idea how I'll sleep tonight. I'm like a kid at christmas! :thumsup2

Chose Vampire Weekend over Arcade Fire last night, seems like I made the wrong decision...

Aye, you've done the equivalent of choosing to go and watch a Ramsden's Cup game when you've had the chance to go to El Clasico.

Safe to say, last night changed the way I view gigs. The whole atmosphere was absolutely unbelievable. Came in the doors, up the stairs and Win Butler was singing with the Mariachi band and Reflektor. Insider, as mentioned about the Friday, everyone made an effort and I can only really remember seeing a couple of people who hadn't made an effort to dress up. Got a picture with Richard, and the facepainting was a laugh too. Some cracking tunes on the disco before like Rock the Casbah. Every song they played was fantastic, Haiti and Power Out (especially after when everyone kept on singing along) in particular were brilliant as were the expected ones like Wake Up and Sprawl ii.

It was fantastic downstairs in the lobby after, with everyone belting out Wake Up! My mates have been to a fair number of gigs over the last few years and they were raving about how good they've been. They've had the right idea with these shows as its a relatively small venue and they can do their own thing. The formal dress code helped the anticipation a bit further.

A massive thanks to ComfortablyNumb1910 on the 2nd page who posted when the tickets became available again on ticket scotland. We had 6 people trying on the original sale, and nobody had any success! After last night, we'll be raving about that one for a long time to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Was Saturday night for me. Amazing gig. Loved all the dressing up and got pictures with the band mingling with the big heads on. Great atmosphere and Reflektor songs sounded great live plus we got a couple of classics thrown in. Hopefully they will be back later in the year although more likely at the Hydro if they have headlined Glastonbury by that time. They deserve their chance.