The Shield

Biscuits

If you think Dutch strangled the cat because it was keeping him up at night then you've missed the whole point of the character.

Ronnie is underused because the actor who plays him is terrible and only got the job as he's Shaun Ryan's best friend, similarly with Corrine who's his wife.

You're on Season 5, Forrest Whittaker is fantastic ain't he? You're just getting to the best bit of the whole series. From here on in it's a wild ride that ends with the greatest season finale ever. Enjoy.

I just finished watching the whole thing again this week. Still as good the second time.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

Amazing programme, rattled through all 7 seasons pretty quick as I had to know what was gonna happen next, IMO this was so much better than the wire, I did enjoy the wire just think this was a million times better

Agreed. The Shield is astonishingly good, one of the best ever.

Dee4Life1893, on 20 Aug 2014 - 10:11, said:

If you think Dutch strangled the cat because it was keeping him up at night then you've missed the whole point of the character.

Ronnie is underused because the actor who plays him is terrible and only got the job as he's Shaun Ryan's best friend, similarly with Corrine who's his wife.

You're on Season 5, Forrest Whittaker is fantastic ain't he? You're just getting to the best bit of the whole series. From here on in it's a wild ride that ends with the greatest season finale ever. Enjoy.

I just finished watching the whole thing again this week. Still as good the second time.

I know why he did it, because as to paraphrase Vic at one point, 'He'd go after his gran if it he thought it'd help him on a case'.

Really? Didn't know that about Ronnie. Just felt it was kind of strange that Lem, Vic, and Shane were all focal points but Ronnie barely got a line an episode.

Moved on to Season 6 now and it was a rather abrupt and disappointing end for Forrest Whitaker who played his role brilliantly. I hated him, but if someone were to question me why, it'd be because he was a good character trying to do what was best... and that doesn't compute!

Claudette for me is the best character, closely followed by Dutch. It's Vic's bit on the side and Michael Jace's characters former training officer that gets on my tits the most. Can't remember her name offhand.

Danni Sofer?! Pain in the hoop.

The character I really enjoyed was Tavon. Gutted he didn't become more of a main/central character as I felt he fitted in well with The Strike Team.

David 'Assinvader' was a great foil for Mackey and another cracking role.

• 3 months later...

I spent yesterday firing right through Season 1. Utterly outstanding, surely it can't get any better than that??

I wish I could erase my brain and watch this fresh again.

It gets WAY better. Seasons 5 & 7 are probably the best TV ever made. The rest of it is pretty fantastic too.

Enjoy.

I spent yesterday firing right through Season 1. Utterly outstanding, surely it can't get any better than that??

It's a one trick pony - it just builds and builds and builds tension. If you liked season one, then you've got another six series of exactly the same thing.

Possibly one of the most underrated American series out there? Very easy just to lump it in with another CSI rip or Law and Order, when it's much richer and denser that what it was being paired with on CH5 back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 07/01/2015 at 03:38, JamieStevenson said:

Just at the end of Season 5 now. It was great already, but the addition of the outstanding Forest Whitaker really raised the bar!

Finished season 5 yesterday. amazing stuff.

Forest Whitaker attacking Vic and the strike force team has really brought new life In to It.

Lim though, great ending episode.

Edited by FifeArab

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...