The Shield

Biscuits

Just finished a full binge of this.
Just tremendous TV.

On Season 4 atm. This and Justified are my two “no THESE are the best shows ever made” just 7 and 6 seasons of consistently cracking television. Michael Chiklis is superb.

33 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

On Season 4 atm. This and Justified are my two “no THESE are the best shows ever made” just 7 and 6 seasons of consistently cracking television. Michael Chiklis is superb.

Just that perfect blend of action, drama and cheese. Excellent special guests and a good ending.

I would go dickless for Michael Chiklis.

• 2 weeks later...

Midway through Season 5. Absolutely superb. Forest Whitaker is an unreal addition to the cast and the show is still as hilarious as the first season. "We've got dick... Which is more than I can say for the victim."

I'm done in at Vic's inability to not make a quip at someone even if it's his ex-wife who he's put through the ringer for years. "You here to raid the evidence locker?" when Corinne turns up after hammering the sleeping pills after he's made her life a living hell for months on end.

Edited by NotThePars

I've watched the whole series twice many years back and if anyone hasn't then you must, it is one of the greatest shows ever made. You root for Mackie and his team all through the series but by the last episode you feel suckered after you realise how corrupt they really were!

Finished it there. Absolutely superb final season. One of the best of all time.

On 27/07/2021 at 10:18, sfha said:

You root for Mackie and his team all through the series but by the last episode you feel suckered after you realise how corrupt they really were!

I didn't feel suckered as they never hide how unrepentantly criminal and awful they were but they did a good job of representing them as epic and badass while at the same time not doing the Breaking Bad thing of feeling enamoured with their characters. There's times where you nearly empathise but they are all so horrific. 

Spoiler

Did feel a bit for Ronnie though

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Finished it there. Absolutely superb final season. One of the best of all time.

I didn't feel suckered as they never hide how unrepentantly criminal and awful they were but they did a good job of representing them as epic and badass while at the same time not doing the Breaking Bad thing of feeling enamoured with their characters. There's times where you nearly empathise but they are all so horrific. 

Reveal hidden contents

Did feel a bit for Ronnie though

Classic anti-heroes.

Re the hidden comment... he did kinda get the short straw considering he only really came into it in the latter seasons!

It is a superb show. I watched it again last year. None of the main 4 guys got a happy ending, but the sheer quality of the drama was excellent.

Quite enjoy the little SoA/Shield crossovers.  Shane's alter ego in The Shield is Cletus Van Damme. In SoA Walton Goggins plays Venus Van Damme. 

Spoiler

KaleidoscopicFrighteningEskimodog-size_r

I'm rattling through this again after discovering on here that it was now available on Amazon.  Halfway through S2 and the "Money Train" arc is just beginning and I'm slowly remembering all the things that kick off because of it.

It's fantastic viewing and I think it's a testament to how strong the characters are that you don't mind when it switches focus to Claudette and Dutch or Sofer and Julien.

On 06/08/2021 at 11:48, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm rattling through this again after discovering on here that it was now available on Amazon.  Halfway through S2 and the "Money Train" arc is just beginning and I'm slowly remembering all the things that kick off because of it.

It's fantastic viewing and I think it's a testament to how strong the characters are that you don't mind when it switches focus to Claudette and Dutch or Sofer and Julien.

I've recently decided Wagenbach is the most pathetic guy in TV. Even more than Billings. 

• 1 month later...

Finished the final season, which I realised I'd only seen half of and never actually finished it:

Spoiler

The second last episode, where you can see what Shane is about to do, still caught me completely off guard.  A genuine intake of breath when they find Mara and Jackson.

A fabulous series.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Recently discovered this box set and currently bingeing my way through it.

Just finished Series 5 tonight - I was actually in tears.......what a show.

I am actually jealous when I read posts like this. I would love to be able to wipe my mind of some shows and watch them again from scratch without knowing what was coming. End of season 5 of the Shield is a case in point. One of these "Oh f**k" moments that are very rare in TV.