The Shield

Biscuits

Couldn't see a thread for this. Never seen it but play are doing seasons 1-7 for £25. Worth buying?

gif-2-thumbs-up.gif

Probably my favourite TV show ever. The early seasons are good, and there is always something happening. But by the time you get to season five it becomes utterly chaotic and you can lose hours just watching episodes back to back. An absolute steal for £25.

• 7 months later...

Can't believe this doesn't have more love.

If you know the way to access international content on netflix the whole seven seasons are on Brazilian netflix.

Get it watched people. Great series throughout and probably the finest finale ever made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone watched this? Was always put off as I'm not really into your typical 'Channel 5 cop TV series' but this is so much more than that. It wanes at times, but is brilliant. Really engrossing as each character is incredibly flawed. Currently working my way through season 5. Think the most shocking moment for me was Dutch boy strangling a cat to death because it was keeping him up at night.

Claudette is a great character.

Started watching this a couple of weeks ago and hI'm loving it, certainly a lot better than I expected. Been told in the past that it's just a shit version of The Wire. Not got round to watching The Wire yet but if that's true then it must be something fucking else.

I'm just about to finish season 2 so not got round to the cat incident yet but that sounds like classic Dutch, you've got to love him. Also, gotta give props to Ronnie's tache.

Only downside for me is anything to do with the gay black guy. Such a tedious character.

ChineseMan, on 17 Aug 2014 - 01:42, said:

Started watching this a couple of weeks ago and hI'm loving it, certainly a lot better than I expected. Been told in the past that it's just a shit version of The Wire. Not got round to watching The Wire yet but if that's true then it must be something fucking else.

I'm just about to finish season 2 so not got round to the cat incident yet but that sounds like classic Dutch, you've got to love him. Also, gotta give props to Ronnie's tache.

Only downside for me is anything to do with the gay black guy. Such a tedious character.

Sorry for ruining the bit about Dutch! There's more to it than I stated in my post which I won't spoil for you, but it makes it even more 'classic' Dutch! The boy that plays the 'gay black guy' is Michael Jace, is currently on trial in real life for the murder of his wife which I think he confessed to, turns out yesterday though, he's plead 'Not Guilty'. Feels a bit weird watching his scenes after knowing that.

He's a bit of a dick in the later seasons too. Annoys me.

On Season 5, and still think Ronnie is underused as a character! Barely gets more than 3 lines an episode!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-actor-michael-jace-plea-20140815-story.html

Love it. I watched it back when it started on normal TV, Tuesday nights at 11pm on Ch5 and before the halcyon days of TV downloading.

It then stopped being shown from S3 I think and I had to order the seasons from the US on EBay and buy a multi Region DVD player to watch them, sad but had to be done.

Probably the TV show that sparked my addiction to box sets and TV series. The end of Eps 1 S1 is probably one of the best most shock episodes ever.

The performances of Walton Goggins, Meryl Streep, Forrest Whittaker and CCH Pounder over the various seasons was ground breaking.

I have probably watched it through about 4 or 5 times. Genuinely an awesome and under watched Series.

Vic Mackey a true Anti-Hero if there ever is one.