Lawwell on SFA Board

Do you think Wallace was called into the Scotland squad to appease the blue bigots because they were going to announce this?

I can think of no other reason why a Scottish 3rd tier player would get into the Scotland squad.

Do you think Wallace was called into the Scotland squad to appease the blue bigots because they were going to announce this?

I can think of no other reason why a Scottish 3rd tier player would get into the Scotland squad.

Probably a better bet than Thomson, who really shouldn't be there either.

That said, Strachan has done well so far so I can't really complain about his decisions.

Why?

As far as I can see, the only financial mistakes he's made at Celtic was not releasing funds for Strachan to buy Steven Fletcher.

He lied about giving fans details to the police and then tried deny making a comment about the green brigade to members of the supporters affiliation.

His face is solid mahogany

That farce over giving us a 'free game' against Alkmaar instead of ample opportunity to give us one in european qulalifiers or a domestic cup.

He lied when asked if we would have poppies on our shirts again

His last paypacket was an estimated 800 thousand plus

Gave Balde pelters about his contract when it was himself that dished it out

Been accused of lying from clubs in Scotland and abroad over non-existent bids for players

I could go on but he really does make my blood boil at a time when we have the lowest wage bill from a decade ago and his pay goes up 4 fold. He does bring business to the club but he should not be allowed anywhere near the footballing side or anything to do with fans. He should be reigned in to do corporate only.

Why?

As far as I can see, the only financial mistakes he's made at Celtic was not releasing funds for Strachan to buy Steven Fletcher.

In fairness, that was a fucking beezer.

Rangers would have been buried far sooner after probably failing to win that season's title and all that followed, and we'd now be looking forward to their third liquidation rather than their second.

Apart from Doncaster, Regan and Ogilvie everyone on the board is associated with a club, you could easily say the same about each of them.

Surely Doncaster, Regan & Ogilvie are associated with a club, albeit a new club currently in the lower divisions. ;)

He lied about giving fans details to the police and then tried deny making a comment about the green brigade to members of the supporters affiliation.

His face is solid mahogany

That farce over giving us a 'free game' against Alkmaar instead of ample opportunity to give us one in european qulalifiers or a domestic cup.

He lied when asked if we would have poppies on our shirts again

His last paypacket was an estimated 800 thousand plus

Gave Balde pelters about his contract when it was himself that dished it out

Been accused of lying from clubs in Scotland and abroad over non-existent bids for players

I could go on but he really does make my blood boil at a time when we have the lowest wage bill from a decade ago and his pay goes up 4 fold. He does bring business to the club but he should not be allowed anywhere near the footballing side or anything to do with fans. He should be reigned in to do corporate only.

Well you've got your reasons I suppose.

In fairness, that was a fucking beezer.

Rangers would have been buried far sooner after probably failing to win that season's title and all that followed, and we'd now be looking forward to their third liquidation rather than their second.

It was a no brainer at the time. Fletcher wanted a move and Lawwell was squabbling over a million pounds I think.

The current board

Stewart Regan - No Club

Campbell Ogilvie - No Club (Formerly Rangers & Hearts)

Alan McRae - Cove Rangers

Rod Petrie - Hibs

Neil Doncaster - No club

Peter Lawwell - Celtic

Dr Andrew Waddell - Preston Athletic/East of Scotland Football League

Sandy Stables - Keith

Michael Johnston - Kilmarnock

Bill Darroch - Stenhousemuir

Duncan Fraser - Inverness Caledonian Thistle

As i said, except for they 3, All board members are associated with a club, you could just as easily point the finger at any of them for trying to do whats best for the club they represent. Not just Lawwell,

Unless his vote = 10x :unsure2:

• 10 months later...

(Having at least twice announced his retirement from football activity) Ralph Topping has now left William Hill and decided to continue with SPFL according to today's paper. He and Peter Lawell have been nominated as the 2 - up from 1 - Professional Game reps on SFA's Main Board.

I don't understand the board setup, and what their role is, but I am assuming they are the decision makers and carry most influence.

But you have two of the most disliked chief execs (by their own fans) in Lawell and Petrie, you have 2 non league guys,( one of which to my knowledge was highly influential in blocking the juniors joining the pyramid), no offense the the non league guys, but are they the best people to have in such an influential role?

Again, I don't know much about the setup but from outside looking in these would not be the guys I would have driving improvement in Scottish football

Main Board makes most of the big decisions, yes... It contains Regan and Ogilvie; McCrae (Cove Rangers) and Petrie (Hibs) the Vice Presidents; Jackson the independent member [from a brewer]; Lawell (Celtic) and Topping (SPFL Chairman) of the Pro sub-board; and Johnston (Junior Secretary) of the Non-Pro sub-board.

Archived