Moronity in wrestling (sponsored by Sid Justice/Vicious/Sycho Sid)

DA Baracus

And yes, moronity isn't a word, but it works for that reason.

Anyway, I'd thought I'd start a thread to highlight idiocy, amusing stupidity and yes, moronity, in wrestling. I'm not talking about botches; I'm talking about things that are outright dumb, be it something that was said or a wrestler doing something stupid in the ring.

I'll kick off proceedings with the clip that inspired this thread, the always amusing Sid Vicious;

What always gets me about this is how Nash is trying (and failing) to disguise his laughter, while Hall just doesn't bother and bursts out laughing. The crowd braying at his statement is also brilliant.

And even though this isn't strictly moronic, it does feature Sid and some amusingly shit acting;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Scott Steiner and percentages...

I fucking love Steiner, he's like the wrestling equivalent of George W. Bush. Fantastic entertainment.

Let's continue with some LOLTNA

kD37ICB.gif

post-25889-0-02861300-1377717329_thumb.j

It might not appear so bad, in the heat of the moment they've grabbed a sign from the crowd and not read it properly but I'm fairly sure that that shot was put in the opening credits video at the time when Immortal were the current heel faction in TNA.

All good suggestions, but none come close to the sheer moronic brilliance of the time that Hulk Hogan went insane and started seeing the Ultimate Warrior in the mirror in his changing room. Nobody else could see Warrior, only Hogan. Well, actually, only Hogan, and all the announcers, and every signle person watching. In fact, the only person who couldn't see Warrior was Eric Bischoff who was standing next to Hogan in the room, essentially making it look like Bischoff had gone insane as the only person not aware of Warriro's presence as opposed to Hogan being the only one who could see him.

Moronical (also now a word) in the extreme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XbX5tVFeY

All good suggestions, but none come close to the sheer moronic brilliance of the time that Hulk Hogan went insane and started seeing the Ultimate Warrior in the mirror in his changing room. Nobody else could see Warrior, only Hogan. Well, actually, only Hogan, and all the announcers, and every signle person watching. In fact, the only person who couldn't see Warrior was Eric Bischoff who was standing next to Hogan in the room, essentially making it look like Bischoff had gone insane as the only person not aware of Warriro's presence as opposed to Hogan being the only one who could see him.

Moronical (also now a word) in the extreme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XbX5tVFeY

A landmark event in wrestling. Literally everything about that was was ridiculous. You would have thought that at least the commentators would have played dumb, or that they could have pre-taped it so that there was no audience to react to seeing Warrior. I'm actually laughing whilst I type this at how fucking stupid the whole thing was. Amazing.

We all know that eating paper is the mark of toughness

We could probably have a whole thread dedicated to Sid. What a guy.

More Sid;

Count how many times he fucks up. Laugh at how he gets progressively angrier. Recoil when you see actual drool on his chin. Gasp at the irony of him daring to call anyone else a learner.

Archived