Conspiracies

The independence referendum was rigged by the SNP so they could get into the position to take over the UK using a puppet Labour government.

Sadly not true but wouldn't we all laugh? Middle-England is already close to foment at the idea of Wee Eck holding the balance of power.

Sadly not true but wouldn't we all laugh? Middle-England is already close to foment at the idea of Wee Eck holding the balance of power.

The Election results in Scotland will only become relevant if there is a hung Parliament again........if that happens, like 2010 for the Lib Dems it's likely to be a poison chalace for the (as we suspect to be the main seat winners) SNP.

The Election results in Scotland will only become relevant if there is a hung Parliament again

Well that isn't true.

The Election results in Scotland will only become relevant if there is a hung Parliament again........if that happens, like 2010 for the Lib Dems it's likely to be a poison chalace for the (as we suspect to be the main seat winners) SNP.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. If Wee Eck holds the blance of power (as is possible) then I would do nothing but laugh.

Well that isn't true.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. If Wee Eck holds the blance of power (as is possible) then I would do nothing but laugh.

In terms of Westminster our entire "block" of seat ate likely to be a minority but could in a hung Parliament but "King makers" by means of forming a Coalition akin to the Lib Dems in 2010.

I think the Referendum told us that even some No voters want to see a more localised Government. I also think the Tories played a blinder in using Labour to front the Better Together campaign thus alienating a lot of their core support in Scotland just as the Lib Dems support has been erroded by "dealing with the Devil" i the Coalition.

Don't you think the SNP would form a Coalition in order to try pushing through new Constitutional powers for Holyrood as opposed to sitting on the Westminster sidelines?

Edited by sjc

Don't you think the SNP would form a Coalition in order to try pushing through new Constitutional powers for Holyrood as opposed to sitting on the Westminster sidelines?

I firmly believe that "the 4 nations" need to look at the current constitutional set-up. The only people who are sort-of happy with it are from TFS but then they are a. overpaid and b. have their own fish to fry.

Now I do think that The SNP COULD have, " form(ed) a Coalition in order to try pushing through new Constitutional powers" and in that role they'd have been welcome.

What was pathetic and what ripped my knitting was Wee Nicola's "Tories oot" bollocks. No doubt that was a vote-grabber but what an opportunity missed to be statesman-like. Puerile, parochial, LCD stuff to pacify the bottom-feeders in the electorate.

Nope, comepletely wrong. She has set her stall out and will stick to it, when was the last time you heard a politician stick to his or her word?

People trust her.

Her approval ratings would agree with this.

Edited by Mr Rational

Care to play the ball?

Sure, although why anyone has a problem with ad hominem is beyond me.

Wee Nicola's stance that, to paraphrase, "we'll do anything to keep the Tories out" was ignorant and ill-judged. If The SNP want to hold the balance of power (quite possible) she'd have been much better saying, "We will work with whichever party is committed to assessing and improving Britain's constitutional arrangement and making sure the current anomalies and grievences are fairly addressed".

That's not only a sensible approach but one that doesn't make her (and The SNP) a single-issue fuckwit.

Sure, although why anyone has a problem with ad hominem is beyond me.

Wee Nicola's stance that, to paraphrase, "we'll do anything to keep the Tories out" was ignorant and ill-judged. If The SNP want to hold the balance of power (quite possible) she'd have been much better saying, "We will work with whichever party is committed to assessing and improving Britain's constitutional arrangement and making sure the current anomalies and grievences are fairly addressed".

That's not only a sensible approach but one that doesn't make her (and The SNP) a single-issue fuckwit.

Single issue? Do you mean opposing cuts that will affect the poor the most? That's a pretty massive issue.

Mr Rational, on 02 Apr 2015 - 00:22, said:

Anyhoo, in terms of conspiracies, I reckon the Yanks definitely knew about Pearl Harbour being the target for the attack. Sending the carriers out before is a wee bit too cute IMO.

Britain and Churchill certainly knew pre-hand about Pearl Harbour so it's not a massive conspiracy theory to suggest that America didn't know too.

I was referring to Sturgeon's "Tories oot" gaff. That was nothing but brain-dead tub-thumping.

It's straightforward politics, they're primarily targeting ex Labour voters. And it undermines Labour's "Vote SNP, Get Cameron" spiel.

• 1 month later...

I'm not massive on conspiracy theories but some are true. The CIA did traffic drugs that's not a theory, and JFK was a definite conspiracy.

And as you say Pearl Harbour may well be true too, they wanted to get into the war and needed a reason to do that.

• 2 months later...

Now this could go in a few threads, politics, things on, music, etc etc

But....

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/3000-trees-the-death-of-mr-william-macrae-tickets-17407602608

Something from my yoof brought back with music from my yoof, a Nat murdered for the files he held. Possibly on the tartan troos peado.

Anyone in the Central Belt should give it a swatch...

• 1 year later...

So, 15 years on, have  any P&Bers found out what really happened on 9/11?  Have the shape-shifting lizardfolk got away with one, or have the recently-released pages from the US Congress investigation proven that it was the Saudis wot dunnit all along?

Loads of documentaries on throughout today, most of which I've seen but I still find the footage morbidly fascinating.

12 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

So, 15 years on, have  any P&Bers found out what really happened on 9/11?  Have the shape-shifting lizardfolk got away with one, or have the recently-released pages from the US Congress investigation proven that it was the Saudis wot dunnit all along?

Loads of documentaries on throughout today, most of which I've seen but I still find the footage morbidly fascinating.

It was just a ploy to get rid of a shit load of asbestos.