Conspiracies

no chance they would have drifted into "deep space" for a start they wouldn't have the thrust required to escape the gravitational pull of the earth.

Quite. If they 'lost thrust' they would have continued to circle the earth in low orbit until drag from the upper atmosphere slowed them down enough to burn them up. If they 'were going slower' as the supposed recording stated, it would ahve come out to the same thing, pulled back by earth's gravity and burn up.

There's something about the Boston Bombings which doesn't sit right with me. In a sense I'm reluctant to ever question the genuineness of a tragedy like that but then you look like some of the pictures that have been put forward by these conspiracy theorists and the points they've expressed and you think "That actually makes sense".

One of the main claims is that the guy in this notorious picture(http://wideshut.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jeff.jpg), is actually an ex-soldier who was already an amputee before the bombings.

What are other people's thoughts? I feel it was faked but then I think about the two guys who are meant to be guilty and wonder about their role. Were they in on it, or are they scapegoats? It's quite interesting to read the theories.

Interesting.

There seems to be quite a lot of conspiracies in relation to this but I can't really give a motive as to why? Difficult to say.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

The mission of the Flat Earth Society is to promote and initiate discussion of Flat Earth theory as well as archive Flat Earth literature
The modern age of the Flat Earth Society dates back to the early 1800s, when it was founded by Samuel Birley Rowbotham, an English inventor. Samuel Rowbotham's Flat Earth views were based largely on literal interpretation of Bible passages. His system, called Zetetic Astronomy, held that the earth is a flat disk centered at the North Pole and bounded along its southern edge by a wall of ice, with the sun, moon, planets, and stars only a few hundred miles above the surface of the earth. After Rowbotham's death in 1884, followers of his Zetetic Astronomy founded the Universal Zetetic Society

They have a forum if you fancy a good laugh

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

I've got a love of a good conspiracy!

The American president let Pearl Harbour happen so they could enter the War

In a similar vein, it's thought that British intelligence knew that the Germans were going to blitz Coventry as they had intercepted coded messages, but if they had evacuated the town that would have let the Germans know that we had cracked their Ultra codes so the people of Coventry were left to suffer their fate.

Edited by peasy23

In a similar vein, it's thought that British intelligence knew that the Germans were going to blitz Coventry as they had intercepted coded messages, but if they had evacuated the town that would have let the Germans know that we had cracked their Ultra codes so the people of Coventry were left to suffer their fate.

To be fair, have you met the people of Coventry? It wasn't too difficult a decision.

Check out the Mythbusters episode about the moon landing. They annihilate the conspiracy bullshit. They even plant a flag in a vacuum chamber to demonstrate the movement.

And Kari Byron is fucking lovely

9/11 ones do it for me, I have spent the last year almost obsessed by it. Think between the strange goings on at pentagon ie the lack of marks on the lawn and lack of video footage etc as well as the unexplained collapse of WTC7 point towards some level of foul play. I would just love to be a fly on the wall on that day

The dylatov incident.

9 hikers were found, naked crushed, burnt and skulls crushed. The official report had their death marked as " a strange force that they couldn't overcome".

Local tribes reported seeing orange lights in the sky leading up to the trek and many Russians believe it was covered up.

Most of the people involved in decoding Ultra codes at the time say the codes that they cracked did not mention a target only one in his book has said they knew that Coventry was the target. But they did not always act straight away when they found out the location of U-Boats in the Atlantic or German convoy's in the med but send out search aircraft to find them before sinking them.

Most of the people involved in decoding Ultra codes at the time say the codes that they cracked did not mention a target only one in his book has said they knew that Coventry was the target. But they did not always act straight away when they found out the location of U-Boats in the Atlantic or German convoy's in the med but send out search aircraft to find them before sinking them.

I read something on WW2 myths being debunked and apparently there was no order to sacrifice Coventry to keep knowledge of Enigma secret - German bombers followed a tracking signal to their targets but the Allies could intercept it and broadcast a false signal directing them to drop bombs in the middle of nowhere, but supposedly someone forgot to switch the machine on on the night of the Coventry blitz.

9/11 ones do it for me, I have spent the last year almost obsessed by it. Think between the strange goings on at pentagon ie the lack of marks on the lawn and lack of video footage etc as well as the unexplained collapse of WTC7 point towards some level of foul play. I would just love to be a fly on the wall on that day

Unexplained! Did they planes no' have something to with it?