The Edinburgh City red motor vehicle comparison thread

tamthebam

off to East Kilbride tomorrow- with all those roundabouts the theme should be the AWB's "Let's Go Round Again", especially if we get lost on the way to K-Park (sounds like a Korean rapper that does).

I've known a girl from East Kilbride and a girl from West Kilbride but never the twain did meet.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all I wasn't aware of the tragic events prior to yesterday's game until someone told me in the pub afterwards. My condolences to the family and thanks to EK for allowing the game to go ahead.

One of the City committee did say that the game had been in some doubt but I'd actually put that down down to the weather conditions- perhaps 3G pitches can become dangerous to play on with surface water. EK gave us a warm welcome for our first visit to the club and look a worthy addition to the Lowland League.

It was a nice win for City, good goals from the Sten Gun, Sparky and Sir Douglas of Gair. We're on a good run at the moment so what could possibly go wrong.... :rolleyes:

post-12982-0-66791900-1383524637.jpg

this week's red motor vehicle shows some of the City fans battling through the desert wastes of East Kilbride to get to the game, unhindered by road closures and signs that suggest straight on is actually to the left...

taken in b&w Grim because it suited the conditions at the time....and the licence is cheaper....

oh well, here's today's car

post-12982-0-86570100-1384044739.jpg

Got off to a good start but never quite in pole position. Didn't take the most of our opportunities, a slip let that pest Cloudy score a goal and we ultimately finished up back markers although Team Spartans did have to wind down time at the end after a spirited comeback which is why this Marussia F1 car is this week's car.

I remain The Stig....

City had no game today so we'll be unbeaten for a week! :thumsup2

here's a pic of a Bentley which broke a world auction record. For no other reason than I quite like vintage Bentleys.

post-12982-0-79871800-1384649644.jpg

and here's Peter Stengun's personalised transport... :lol:

post-12982-0-51450500-1384649802.jpg

well, hopefully the game at the Pennypit will be on tomorrow- bloody freezing down there but their pies are probably the hottest in the League.

meanwhile with just over a month to go to Christmas, Mr Claus prepares for his annual trip to Rosewell....

post-12982-0-19065900-1385157308.jpg

A biggish crowd, a rip roaring first half with a missed penalty, a converted penalty and a cracking goal. But enough about the part of the Dunbar v Arthurlie game I saw 45 mins of before going to the Pennypit.

Cold, grey sky, crap football, easy chances missed, a 3-0 hounding and Brian Bloody Foster and all. Ach, here's the vehicle, ah'm awa tae Dunsapie Loch tae droon masel' :(

post-12982-0-30456700-1385337354.jpg

The ferrari goes this week to a Mr Tam T Bam of Edinburgh who, wisely as it turned out, took up a friend's offer to go and watch Berwick v Dumbarton.

A jobby in a box goes to the team this week. :angry:

The ferrari goes this week to a Mr Tam T Bam of Edinburgh who, wisely as it turned out, took up a friend's offer to go and watch Berwick v Dumbarton.

A jobby in a box goes to the team this week. :angry:

Even though loyalty made me predict a win for Gretna I had thought before the match that we were in for a drubbing, For various reasons I reckon we had five or six players not available who probably would have started. City were also very unlucky to lose at Raydale earlier on in the season so I thought we up against a very good team. Instead we equal our biggest away win of the season!! As someone bald Engerland forward used to say "It's a funny old game".

The 5-1 scoreline was probably a fair reflection of the game in which Gretna were dominant from start to finish. Gretna's three up front always looked dangerous against a seemingly lethargic City defence. Two goals from David Renyard, one in the first half and one just after halt time, followed up with a cracker from Brandon Longcake and then a brace from my man of the match Will Heaney. If Carlsberg did debut matches then that was it.

Fair play to the City Ultras they kept up their singing throughout the match to try and encourage probably the poorest City side I think I have seen since I first saw them five(?) years ago.

Fair play to the City Ultras they kept up their singing throughout the match to try and encourage probably the poorest City side I think I have since I first saw them five(?) years ago.

aye, thank goodness the ritalin hasn't kicked in yet and the Ultras are still suffering from enough ADHD to prevent them concentrating on the matches otherwise they'd had fecked off ages ago!

Cicero, take it that was the same Will Heaney that played for us before.

Is he back or just filling in as such?

Same one, he has signed until the end of the season.

On the strength of yesterday's performance, he will be difficult to dislodge from the team.

Cicero, take it that was the same Will Heaney that played for us before.

Is he back or just filling in as such?

Same one, he has signed until the end of the season.

On the strength of yesterday's performance, he will be difficult to dislodge from the team.

Oi you two, that's totally :offtopic how dare you discuss football in an Edinburgh City thread :P

Grimbo

• 3 weeks later...

bet you thought I had forgotten the red motor vehicle this week...

well.... I had. :whistle

anyway my dad had a renault 4 which once almost blew over on a trip to Glasgow one day as we struggled past the Shotts transmitters in a swirling wind at about 50 mph. Last week's gales at Meadowbank reminded me of this.

post-12982-0-26391700-1387406238.jpg

I can't even remember why we were going to Glasgow. We didn't tend to go there much as a family.

city always get a result when I'm not there (except for the Gretna game.. :whistle ) but I'll gloat anyway:

post-12982-0-05730400-1387667324.jpg

the good boys of edinburgh city fc 1 santa stoners 0

gentle reader: "ah but tam, was that result not your Christmas present then?"

tamthebam "no, I'm not sure what I want for Christmas. Perhaps I'll think of something to fill my Christmas stocking(s)...arrr..."

post-12982-0-16078000-1387667467.jpg

Archived