The Edinburgh City red motor vehicle comparison thread

tamthebam

A special mention to all the players at Edinburgh City who gave everything on Saturday, to play the way you did after losing 3 players from midfield ( gair, vanson and Devlin into goals ) losing Stobie in goals and then Guthrie pulling up but battling on, and to Gary and the management team what a brilliant result against a team such as Stirling. We have been unlucky in most of the games we have dropped points in so far this season but the players have set the standards on Saturday. Well done ECBN

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if anyone else has asked but have teams inthe lowland league seen a rise in attendances this season.

What sort of attendances do your teams get.

Gala seem to have seen a big rise (100-300 depending on opposition?) - uniting with the local amateurs will have helped, though, so not all down to LL. Selkirk maybe less so (50-100).

Don't know if anyone else has asked but have teams inthe lowland league seen a rise in attendances this season.

What sort of attendances do your teams get.

Sneaky idea, posting this on the Ed City thread so Isa Goudie won't see it.

crikey.. what a match... for the neutrals. For me it didn't do my blood pressure much good.

Going a goal up, losing a sloppy equaliser, conceding a penalty and having the veteran Babsy save it. A ding-dong battle that saw the score go to 3-1, then 3-2. Fraserburgh score a 4th (a cracker) and it's goodnight Vienna and then we get one back to make it 4-3. Right at the end an unlikely equaliser from a defender- Gogsy's cracking volley- and it's a wee visit to another new ground next week.

..oh and a box of fish gifted to the club as well (red herrings?!). Fraserburgh guys were brand new tbh.

so into the hat tomorrow go City, Whitehill and Preston. Missing out are Gala, Threave and some other manky mob whose name escapes me at present

How to sum up yesterday's drama in a trite red motor vehicle related thread? Well, I suppose we were the red mini from the Italian Job. For much of the game it was "you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" and right at the end it was "the self preservation society" for a wee smash and grab.

post-12982-0-66944100-1381100935.jpg

crikey.. what a match... for the neutrals. For me it didn't do my blood pressure much good.

Going a goal up, losing a sloppy equaliser, conceding a penalty and having the veteran Babsy save it. A ding-dong battle that saw the score go to 3-1, then 3-2. Fraserburgh score a 4th (a cracker) and it's goodnight Vienna and then we get one back to make it 4-3. Right at the end an unlikely equaliser from a defender- Gogsy's cracking volley- and it's a wee visit to another new ground next week.

..oh and a box of fish gifted to the club as well (red herrings?!). Fraserburgh guys were brand new tbh.

so into the hat tomorrow go City, Whitehill and Preston. Missing out are Gala, Threave and some other manky mob whose name escapes me at present

How to sum up yesterday's drama in a trite red motor vehicle related thread? Well, I suppose we were the red mini from the Italian Job. For much of the game it was "you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" and right at the end it was "the self preservation society" for a wee smash and grab.

attachicon.gifitalian job.jpg

It's obvious yous are playing more of your "hame" games at the ours that some of the magic is rubbing off (can we have it back, please). As yous are now our unofficial 2nd team I was gonna do the travel up to Crazyburgh but already done it watching the 1st team go up there & win. Mind to take an extra vest & an extra pound (they had a bloke charging us to sit in the stand).

Good luck on yer trip, mind there's a pub just on the corner from the ground but you'll have to change yer accent when asking fi a beer, we all had cherries & paper miniature umberellas in our 1/2 pint shandy's. Think I'll go & jinx the Welfare.

Grimbo

thanks for the tip Grim but ah kin change ma accent tae Doric- fower yirs in Eberdeen taucht me weel.

If you jinx the Welfare Sir Peter will get Big Tommy to chase you out the ground with a garden fork!!

Good luck on yer trip, mind there's a pub just on the corner from the ground but you'll have to change yer accent when asking fi a beer, we all had cherries & paper miniature umberellas in our 1/2 pint shandy's. Think I'll go & jinx the Welfare.

Grimbo

Nah, we'll be fine Grim, seeing as the Binos play in red and white ;-)

meanwhile some photos from last week...

post-12982-0-57318700-1381528351_thumb.j

miserable b*****ds watching the game for free... (thinks: must remember that spot!)

post-12982-0-98875000-1381528412_thumb.j

millions of pounds zimbabwean dollars of talent rotting injured at the sidelines..

post-12982-0-60547700-1381528498_thumb.j

CBBC- City Bouncing Baby Crew!

meanwhile some photos from last week... attachicon.giftight gits.jpg miserable b*****ds watching the game for free... (thinks: must remember that spot!) attachicon.giffraser19.jpg millions of pounds zimbabwean dollars of talent rotting injured at the sidelines.. attachicon.giffraser20.jpg CBBC- City Bouncing Baby Crew!

Interesting top photo tam considering the criteria for licensing ;)

you may think that, I couldn't possibly comment... :shutup:whistle

this week's red motor vehicle is non-existent because I wimped out of going yesterday....

abnormal service will be resumed next week against Threave.....

hmmm..... after flogging two ridiculous goals and then a stupid sending off all I can say is

post-12982-0-45022400-1382227420.jpg

but you proles will want a red motor vehicle for this week's performance. oh well, here is that badly put together 1970s scourge of the British motorist for you, the Austin Allegro.

post-12982-0-43288500-1382227506.jpg

seeing as City wins against Whitehill are as rare as hen's teeth and City stuffings of Whitehill are even rarer there can only be one motor vehicle this week:

post-12982-0-66554100-1383000885.jpg

yes, even this jaded old cynic has to award the coveted Ferrari this week. Keep it up lads and that coveted 7th place can be ours...

:bounce2:bounce1:bounce4:bounce3 if you're no bouncing you're no City, ole ole! :bounce2:bounce1:bounce4:bounce3

Archived