• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like we're working for Saudi Arabia, who control Qatar absolutely. Why is the thing I don't understand. 19 of the 9/11 bombers were Saudis, most of the Jihadist Madrassas around the world, particularly in Pakistan, are funded by them. OK, they've got oil, but so have other places, including Iran. Why the west has sided with the Sunnis in their war against the Shia I've no idea.

this is true, imo its probably the sheer amount of oil and money they have and the influence that wields in the region. we depend on oil now more than ever, and they have more than anyone else, it probably is that simple.

It seems to have been forgotten that this conflict started with the crushing of a popular uprising.

The uprising has been popularised by western support who have their own agendas. Yes there was and still is a genuine demand for Assad to go and for stable democracy to be implemented, and rightly so. But whilst the regime has acted deplorably, the actions of the insurgency in the last couple of years makes them the worse option of the two. Any genuine, peaceful demand for democracy in Syria has been drowned out by this ugly, western backed insurgency.

Yes, and we should done a while back in my opinion. If Syria was rich in oil, such as Libya I would hazzard a very good bet that we, along with the U.S would have been involved a long time ago.

The uprising has been popularised by western support who have their own agendas. Yes there was and still is a genuine demand for Assad to go and for stable democracy to be implemented, and rightly so. But whilst the regime has acted deplorably, the actions of the insurgency in the last couple of years makes them the worse option of the two. Any genuine, peaceful demand for democracy in Syria has been drowned out by this ugly, western backed insurgency.

good post. an insurgency backed by al qaeda btw, the same people we are fighting in other countries we want to arm in syria. you literally couldnt make it up.

I realise it has become an absolute shitstorm, with arseholes on all sides, but the fact remains it began as a popular uprising by the Syrian people to remove a brutal and corrupt clique and their police state from power.

Not sure I can say with any certainty which is the less worst option for the Syrian people.

I realise it has become an absolute shitstorm, with arseholes on all sides, but the fact remains it began as a popular uprising by the Syrian people to remove a brutal and corrupt clique and their police state from power.

Not sure I can say with any certainty which is the less worst option for the Syrian people.

How do you know it was popular?

Yes, and we should done a while back in my opinion. If Syria was rich in oil, such as Libya I would hazzard a very good bet that we, along with the U.S would have been involved a long time ago.

Are you advocating military involvement in Syria? On what grounds should we be invading Syria, but not, say, Saudi Arabia?

55% of Syrians now (or at the time of this poll) want Assad to stay to stop more bloodshed, has nothing to do with how and why the uprising began and the support it had before the brutal repression kicked in.

I don't support intervention, but to dress it up as Assad good, Rebels bad, is 1st year student politics of the worst kind.

it wasnt a popular uprising, that is of crucial importance. if it was it is entirely legitimate and deserves to be supported. it wasnt, you need to google the word popular and see what it actually means, if more people didnt support the uprising than did then its not popular.

55% of Syrians now (or at the time of this poll) want Assad to stay to stop more bloodshed, has nothing to do with how and why the uprising began and the support it had before the brutal repression kicked in.

I don't support intervention, but to dress it up as Assad good, Rebels bad, is 1st year student politics of the worst kind.

I don't. But to dress it up as "popular rebels" v evil dictator is worse.

nobody said it was assad good rebels bad, its assad supported by more of the people than the rebels, assad quite bad rebels effin mental and as bad as it gets.

Archived