• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truth is the States' special relationship at any given time is whoever backs them carrying out whatever bull-in-a-china-shop foreign policy they're pursuing at the time. Normally us, it's fair to say - this time it appears to be the mob across the Channel. I'm comfortable with that...

The whole Cameron vote fiasco is really an irrelevance , they were voting on nothing really, and if the UN weapons inspectors report says Assad is to blame Labour will need to follow the government,

I predict an interim report which points the blame at Assad followed by another vote , land sliding on the side of yes to intervention.

It could be completely irrelevant that we aren't going to carry out military action because the U.S almost certainly will, due to their default answer to every problem being, "Blow it up". If they do launch missiles and it starts a war between the U.S and Syria (which is unlikely), then we'll probably get dragged into it anyway to support the U.S.

Also that Daily Mail front page is absolutely infuriating, desperate for us to be America's best mate.

The whole Cameron vote fiasco is really an irrelevance , they were voting on nothing really, and if the UN weapons inspectors report says Assad is to blame Labour will need to follow the government,

I predict an interim report which points the blame at Assad followed by another vote , land sliding on the side of yes to intervention.

The inspectors are not there to determine who used the Chemical weapons.

Oh, and Putin is a vile c**t of the highest order.

Absolutely loved the Sun front page. I also loved the editorial today in the 'Scottish Sun'. Absolutely seething that Britain isn't marching in.

The French Government clearly have a taste for war after their recent intervention in Mali. Hollande needs something to take minds off the economic clusterfuck at home.........and he's welcome to it.

I'm sure 'french fries' will be acceptable again after they've joined the US in escalating a delicate, complicated and unclear civil war into a possible regional conflict.

Obama to ask Congress to be allowed to bomb. Disco Dave goaded him into getting involved then screwed up his own ability to be involved by one of the most inept recalls of parliament in recent history. So now Obama is left on his own with a skeptical public and hostile right wing media. He wants to share the blame if this goes tits up.

The cack hands of call me Dave and Gideon have managed to have an comedic level of screw up: now neither the Uk executive or perhaps even the US one can indulge in an 'Operation Desert Fox' or ' El Dorado Canyon' type bombing campaign without the legislature's say so. They are boys paying at being grown ups. 10 payroll MPs were not at the vote for gods sakes, amateur hour.

Still Milliband managed to trip over his own shoe laces and land with his arse in the butter on this one.

Obama to ask Congress to be allowed to bomb. Disco Dave goaded him into getting involved then screwed up his own ability to be involved by one of the most inept recalls of parliament in recent history. So now Obama is left on his own with a skeptical public and hostile right wing media. He wants to share the blame if this goes tits up. 

The cack hands of call me Dave and Gideon have managed to have an comedic level of screw up: now neither the Uk executive or perhaps even the US one can indulge in an 'Operation Desert Fox' or ' El Dorado Canyon' type bombing campaign without the legislature's say so. They are boys paying at being grown ups. 10 payroll MPs were not at the vote for gods sakes, amateur hour. 

Still Milliband managed to trip over his own shoe laces and land with his arse in the butter on this one. 

The International Development Secretary is claiming she didn't hear the division bell. :rolleyes:

Obama to ask Congress to be allowed to bomb. Disco Dave goaded him into getting involved then screwed up his own ability to be involved by one of the most inept recalls of parliament in recent history.

Call me Dave was an utter shambles. I could have put forward a better case for bombing Syria and I'm a peace-lovier.

The International Development Secretary is claiming she didn't hear the division bell. :rolleyes:

She is a quim.

This goes to confirm my idea that anyone who actually wants to be an MP doesn't deserve to be an MP.

We should choose members at random as we have have done with juries.

Yanks snub Britain.

Describe French as their 'oldest ally'

Tbf, France is their oldest ally, helped them in the Revolutionary War and War of 1812?

Anyway, if there is a "special relationship" then Syria isn't going to break it/the French certainly aren't going to replace it.

We sold those chemicals to a brutal regime during a civil war in good faith!

Yes, section 12,sub section 2.1.3, paragraph 4.

If chemicals are made into weapons and used on own people our government can deny all knowledge of said weapons and can hypocritically condemn government of sale.

Also please don't use them on Israel as they are our pals.

Archived