The Saint Mirren relegation thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the club sacked DL now with 8 games to go who. Would u get in place . I dont think for a min Danny will be manager next season but to get rid of him now with no manager to bring in would be crazy

Billy Davies! I wish.

I know he used to have a house beside ralston golf club, wonder if he still has ties to the area?

Reaching for the stars a bit there mate as you allude to. You could do a lot worse than Craig Levein or even Houston.

Levein wont take a job until his sfa contract has expired

Calderwood I wouldnt let manage my local poundland

Davis has had more clubs than Gary Player

Same with Mcleish

How about Murray at Dumbarton or David Weir he .got a raw deal down south and no am not a rangers fan !!!!!

I would stick with Danny untill end of season and review then

I think the players will see then through it

Levein wont take a job until his sfa contract has expired

Calderwood I wouldnt let manage my local poundland

Davis has had more clubs than Gary Player

Same with Mcleish

How about Murray at Dumbarton or David Weir he .got a raw deal down south and no am not a rangers fan !!!!!

I would stick with Danny untill end of season and review then

I think the players will see then through it

David Weir got a raw deal? Seriously? He took a Sheffield United side with a massive budget straight to the bottom of League One in England. He got what he deserved.

Murray or Weir don't have the experience. I'd take Murray in the summer if we stay up but it would be tough for him to come in and deal with this situation.

Believe it or not Billy Davies was actually interested in buying the club last summer. His pay off from Forrest alone would be able to buy the club.

The board would have acted by now if they were going to sack him. 12 defeats out of 14 this year alone is horrendous. I don't know how some fans can still back him. The players are getting a easy time of it too.

First time I've heard About Billy Davies wanting to buy us, Interesting certainly. Do you know much about what happenned

And why it didnt come to fruition?

I'd be delighted with Murray don't think he would accept the way things are just now.

Probably no chance we'd get Billy Davies, tbf. We can but dream though.

Wouldn't be unhappy with Murray, even immediately. He certainly couldn't be doing much worse, could he?

Highly rated young manager getting a small part time team to bat way above their weight. Doesn't sound familiar at all to when Lennon was hired...

Highly rated young manager getting a small part time team to bat way above their weight. Doesn't sound familiar at all to when Lennon was hired...

I was thinking that. :lol:

Danny had never really proved himself in the 2nd tier and out performed numerous full time clubs like Murray has though tbf.

And in no, way, shape, or form can DL's appointment be regarded as a complete failure. He's lead us to our highest league finish for years and a Cup win, it just seems that things have run their course and a parting would be best for everybody. With hindsight that time was probably the end of last season given our League form, but to sack a cup winning manager a few months later would've been incredibly harsh.

I feel we need another mode of transport.

All aboard the St Mirren relegation roflcopter!!

I saw John Brown in the city centre today, it's a sign.....must be the titanic we're going down on...oh that was last year sorry.

Maybe we should take a Malaysian plane?

Archived