The Saint Mirren relegation thread

As long as it's Hamilton in the play off and no dundee or Falkirk lol

Anybody know about plastic pitches in the premiership? I remember Doncaster coming out with something but I obviously didn't pay much attention. I was thinking he was talking balls coz there is no separate entity but with him in charge, you never know.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why'd you even let Lee Mair go to us though? Even if he wasn't getting into the team at St Mirren he's now went to a relegation rival and been a major part in solidifying our previously slapstick defence. I wouldn't be too opposed to opening contract talks with him just now to get him signed up for next season too. Cheers anyway.

Why'd you even let Lee Mair go to us though? Even if he wasn't getting into the team at St Mirren he's now went to a relegation rival and been a major part in solidifying our previously slapstick defence. I wouldn't be too opposed to opening contract talks with him just now to get him signed up for next season too. Cheers anyway.

Because Danny Lennon.

See Graham Carey on that count as well. Generally speaking, if you're a top flight team and you release a player, and he gets signed by a rival, you've made a bad decision. Danny Lennon seems to do it more than most.

See Graham Carey on that count as well. Generally speaking, if you're a top flight team and you release a player, and he gets signed by a rival, you've made a bad decision. Danny Lennon seems to do it more than most.

In fairness, Carey contributed very little in his last season at Saints and had serious fitness problems. I certainly agreed with him being released, Danny just failed completely to sign an adequate replacement.

Yeah I think we should relase Brian Maclean and have St Mirren sign him. Definite bad decision.

Yeah I think we should relase Brian Maclean and have St Mirren sign him. Definite bad decision.

If Brian McLean can do a job for a top flight team, we should probably utilise him. If we were to release him tomorrow, I suspect he'd drop down a level.

In fairness, Carey contributed very little in his last season at Saints and had serious fitness problems.

I kept hearing that, but it's not been evident this season. Carey's had the third-most game time at Ross County this season. When he doesn't play or is taken off it appears to be for tactical reasons.

I kept hearing that, but it's not been evident this season. Carey's had the third-most game time at Ross County this season. When he doesn't play or is taken off it appears to be for tactical reasons.

He definitely had fitness issues when he first joined us permanently after being in the Celtic reserves but I think the reason he was released and wasn't a great success in his two seasons was simply because Danny Lennon didn't like him much. He played a fair amount of games last season and didn't look like he had any fitness issues to me, he was a bit overweight when he joined in 2011 but I think that was sorted out long before the end of that season.

Like I said I think it came down to Lennon not particularly liking him, I don't think he was ever given a decent enough run in the team and it always seemed like when he did start and things weren't going our way he would be the first to get hooked, even if he wasn't having a bad game.

I was disappointed to see him go, he's a talented player and has a lot more to offer a team at this level than he was given the chance to at Saints. It's even more disappointing when I think about the players Lennon brought in as replacements in the summer.

I was disappointed to see him go, he's a talented player and has a lot more to offer a team at this level than he was given the chance to at Saints. It's even more disappointing when I think about the players Lennon brought in as replacements in the summer.

To be honest I wasn't overly unhappy at his release. As he annoyed me in his second spell with us. Undoubted talent in there but didn't show it. Whether that was because of Lennon or not I wasn't sure but shadow of the kid we had on loan from Celtic.

However if he was released we should have had someone in mind to come in rather than sticking a centre mid out there. Lennon's signings were awful in the summer and that's why I want a new manager to come in.

We signed him when he had recovered from a serious injury. He was at least a stone over weight and hadn't kicked a ball in months. It took him till about December to get match fit that season and his performances were poor. Last season I think he was injured in pre season again so he didn't even get the benefit of a full pre season again.

Couple of excellent performances at left back but on the whole his heart wasn't in it. I was more worried about him signing for a rival than us keeping him. We all knew he was a player but even if he was offered a new deal I don't think he would of signed it. He obviously had a fallout with Danny. His performances were that poor though he wasn't even a stand out in our youth games.

County signing him was a last chance saloon for him because no doubt the way he was going not many First Division clubs would have went near him.

Archived