The Saint Mirren relegation thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you have to remember is the majority of Thistle fans on this forum will not have seen their team in the top flight in their adult lives. Their naivety is understandable, and i can actually appreciate and empathise with it. I was like that in 2006 too.

They don't understand what this league is like and how difficult it is to get results here. We had several sucked in by their honeymoon period, and several either making ridiculous comments and/or offering and placing bets on them finishing above us - i think i may have one with someone, but i can't remember who and how much.

Hi Lex, it's me you've got a bet with. £20.

HTH.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as it's Hamilton in the play off and no dundee or Falkirk lol

With Kilmarnock's record against Hamilton (especially at NDP), I'd rather anyone but them if we went up in the play-offs.

Wouldn't mind Falkirk, as we always seem to beat them on the big occasion...

FansFilled.jpg

P.S. how glorious does that stand look full? Hopefully on our way back to getting it a bit fuller on a regular basis ;)

I saw Dundee in the flesh against Dumbarton this season, and although they ran out 4-1 winners in the end, they weren't very impressive for a (relatively) rich side coming up against a part-time side.

Albeit 'Bomber' is no longer in charge, but it doesn't appear that Hartley has reinvented the wheel with his leadership at Dens. I'll be honest - all four in with a shout of finishing second bottom should have more than enough quality to beat anyone from the Championship over two legs. Next season though might be a different story.

Archived