Facts you made up

Mak

41 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

During the Cold War Keith Chegwin and his wife Maggie Philbin were both closely monitored by MI6.

There was always a strong suspicion that "Cheggers plays Pop" was being used as a front to pass state secrets on to the Russians.

Until the authorities discovered he was actually buying all that vodka.

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Maggie Philbin is the daughter of spy Kim Philby. Had she been more adventurous in her change of surname she might have escaped MI5/6 surveillance. Moot point as her connections with Chegwin meant she was always going to be under suspicion.

Not that Chegwin himself did any better. His chosen surname was simply an anagram of his real name, We Ching - he was spying for the Chinese.

Surveillance footage of him when he was growing up in Liverpool:

https://youtu.be/N11abTdQhXs?t=205

9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Maggie Philbin is the daughter of spy Kim Philby. Had she been more adventurous in her change of surname she might have escaped MI5/6 surveillance. Moot point as her connections with Chegwin meant she was always going to be under suspicion.

Excuse me, she was awarded an OBE. Surely anyone with such a royal accolade is above all suspicion?

3 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Excuse me, she was awarded an OBE. Surely anyone with such a royal accolade is above all suspicion?

Oh dear you are far too truthing.  In the interest of national security I think the only option is to round all the OBEs and MBEs and sent them off to the gulag.  Only way to be sure. 

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The expression "beating about the bush" dates from the early 60s, which saw a huge increase in the number of scud books in circulation and many of them being found in hedgerows and shrubbery.

The sad thing is that not only do you no longer get scud books in bushes, you don't get bushes in scud books either.

I'm told.

Listeners to an Atlanta radio station recently were polled for their "best line in music" .  The winner was Rod Stewart's Do ya think I'm sexy line, He said I'm sorry but I'm out of milk and coffee, never mind sugar we can watch the early movie.

The Hugo Boss fashion design company has taken out an injunction to prevent the series 'Dukes of Hazzard' being repeated anywhere in the world because they say the name of the character Boss Hogg infringes their trademark.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

The Hugo Boss fashion design company has taken out an injunction to prevent the series 'Dukes of Hazzard' being repeated anywhere in the world because they say the name of the character Boss Hogg infringes their trademark.

By a strange coincidence, clothing shop Hogg's of Fife are in court next week using a similar argument.