Facts you made up

Mak

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 03:42, Hedgecutter said:

British road signs are manufactured by a Spanish company who have supplied the same designs to Chad, Mali and Mauritania, hence the latter have 'British' signs through the Sahara Desert amongst other random places.

.. actually this one might be true.

Sahara-Desert-3b.jpg

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

They're ok with Genies though

I don't know.  Have you been there lately?

If I were a genie (which I not) I would have second thoughts.

Not very keen on special powers of any kind actually.

They would eat Harry Potter alive.

In the early 1960s the BBC had to censure Duncan Macrae's rendition of the "Wee Cock Sparra" as it included the verse "The Wee Cock Sparra was shagged to death by Michael Marra" and this was thought to be potentially libellous.

A bootleg recording of the uncensored version is believed to have been smuggled out by Johnny Beattie who used to play it during the audience warm up prior to recording his show "Now You See It" on STV.

Sept 30th 1967. 7am. Tony Blackburn plays "Flowers in the rain" by The Move and Radio 1 is born. However...Sept 30th 1967. 6.41am. Listeners who tuned in early were treated to "Wee Cock Sparra" courtesy of Scottish sound engineer Archie Fraser during the last testing phase of 247 MW.

The Prince of Wales owns all Herons in the UK and due to an outdated but still active law in Scotland, judges are entitled to hand out up to 5 yrs in jail for killing one.

This came in particularly handy when I murdered Dr Brian Heron, sentenced to 5 years out in 2 1/2. That will teach him for saying my Acne looked terribly bad.

The Prince of Wales owns all Herons in the UK and due to an outdated but still active law in Scotland, judges are entitled to hand out up to 5 yrs in jail for killing one.

In a related law on the Prince Of Wales' birthday each year, herons are legally permitted to enter any building on the Royal Mile and must be served a half pint of ale if they enter a licenced premesis. After midnight they can be chased out, this is known locally as the running of the herons.

Elgin is the only town in the UK with an area below mean sea level.

Facts that may be true for this pish!

Elgin, is 9 miles from the small village of Hopeman, which was named after a rare Bob Marley bootleg, "Give me Hope Man" the councillor that promoted the re-naming was latterly found to be a stoner, with certain "herbs" growing in his greenhouse.