Facts you made up

Mak

Glen Campbell was sunk in a US navy ship off the coast of Kintyre.  He managed to make land and was taken in by a benevolent Campbelltown baker called Archie Wallace. He worked the night shift for 18 months where he would talk to the local Argyll police night shift who would often wander in during a quiet night for a cup of tea and a tipsy cake. Once he had saved enough money he hitchhiked to Prestwick and flew home where he began a career as a singer.

5 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Glen Campbell was sunk in a US navy ship off the coast of Kintyre.  He managed to make land and was taken in by a benevolent Campbelltown baker called Archie Wallace. He worked the night shift for 18 months where he would talk to the local Argyll police night shift who would often wander in during a quiet night for a cup of tea and a tipsy cake. Once he had saved enough money he hitchhiked to Prestwick and flew home where he began a career as a singer.

His song "Wichita Linesman" was originally written about a match official from Wishaw.

Glen Campbell died of Alzheimer's disease in 2017.  This might explain the time he wrote a strongly worded letter to the West Highland Gazette demanding to know how it could possibly be the fault of his family that there was not a McDonald's restaurant in Glencoe.

Cambeltown Loch was originally full of whisky run off from the nearby Cambeltown Distillery which was notoriously leaky. This was only fixed after the Proclaimers, famously teetotal, penned a massive hit titled "Cambeltown Loch I wish you weren't whisky, cos I could then drink you dry"

When humans walk through woods or forests, trees will often mock, insult or use threatening language towards us but we can't hear it as, at 2 Mhz, it is beyond our hearing range.  

Prof. Doug Sax of the University of California has recorded various trees using special equipment including Big Leaf Maple "f**k off you baldy c**t", California Box Elder "You suck! Just die you waste of space!" and Western Juniper "I hate your stinking guts!".

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

When humans walk through woods or forests, trees will often mock, insult or use threatening language towards us but we can't hear it as, at 2 Mhz, it is beyond our hearing range.  

Prof. Doug Sax of the University of California has recorded various trees using special equipment including Big Leaf Maple "f**k off you baldy c**t", California Box Elder "You suck! Just die you waste of space!" and Western Juniper "I hate your stinking guts!".

He demonstrated his equipment to Marvin Gaye, who was inspired to write "I Heard it Through the Grapevine".

A family member going through Prince's basement found a transcript of a musical he had written but never taken further. The entire play was written around Boney M songs and involved an albino German midget called Freda who was gored by a runaway rhino outside a Boney M concert in Stuggart. The musical remains, as far as we know, untitled.

On 08/06/2020 at 22:38, Fullerene said:

The latest controversy with this thread are all to do with some post concerning a giraffe.  That post has now been removed.  Please continue to use this thread as before but avoid any mention of giraffes.  Thank you.

You're having a giraffe, surely?

An often forgetten fact is fish have 13 fingers. The fish producers at Birds Eye frozen foods usually pack them in boxes of 10..the 3 remaining fingers are boxed up and sent too Buckingham Palace for the Queen who has then for her dinner every Friday

Although best known for her wonderful rendition of We'll Meet Again, Vera Lynn was also an accomplished song writer, responsible for the classics Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head, Day Trip to Bognor and U2's hit single With or Without You.

Although best known for her wonderful rendition of We'll Meet Again, Vera Lynn was also an accomplished song writer, responsible for the classics Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head, Day Trip to Bognor and U2's hit single With or Without You.

Of course “Vera Lynn” was a stage name

She’d had a successful career in burlesque striptease as “Vera Von Linn”

But such was the taboo about erotic entertainment that nobody who recognised her from those performances would say so

Except Spike Milligan and everyone thought he was joking