Facts you made up

Mak

The survival expert Bear Grylls wanted to name his first son after his favourite boxer, George Foreman. It was only when he went to register the birth and the bloke started pissing himself laughing that the penny dropped and he changed his mind.

On 23 July 2016 at 21:38, NewBornBairn said:

The Impressionist painters got their name because they did impressions whilst painting. Claude Monet did a vicious impression of Prince Albert which was why he was never offered any commissions by Queen Victoria.

This is where the saying "show me the Monet" came from.

Falkirk is the soapless capital of the world due to the fact they don't use soap but prefer to urinate on their hands and wash with that thus relying on the amonia to kill the body germs they have because they don't use soap. Plus they traditionally don't brush their teeth so they fall out and they can issue posh blowjobs to each other.

The village of Wejre, Poland, has been quarantined by the World Health Organisation since 1984. Thirty pensioners doing aquarobics died due to the genetics of the locals' urine having become resistant to the effects of chlorine.

Edited by banana

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Oil workers from Aberdeen are so fat that they have been banned from Pittodrie incase it sinks into the sea.

Pittodrie is derived from an old Scots word meaning quicksand. - the clue was always in the name! 

Creepy 'pick a random box' TV star and possible Yewtree interest Noel Edmonds has three testicles - two in his wizened scrotum and one, roughly the size and texture of a raisin, which he wears on an amulet round his neck.
He claims it is from a genuine 10th century Indian holy man and insists that it maintains his youthful appearance whilst giving him the power of life and death over contestants in helicopter based segments of any tv show he appears in.

When Euro 2016 started I was giving the missus the usual good news "52 games in X amount of days" and "4 weeks of back to back football" etc etc.  Just to annoy her.  Anyway after England drew the first game (and a few other teams got beat etc) she kept asking if they were out, is this the last game and on and on.  I kept just saying "group stages" to her.

Anyway I was watching the final with her bro-in-law and she came in with her sister and asked me a stupid question about extra time.  So I started telling the boy how daft she was and how little she knew about football (although no doubt she'll be out singing the sash on OF day and posting multiple Facebook updates about the mighty Gers).  Anyway, she asked me to stop slagging her and I said:

"Its hard not to when you don't understand the concept of a round robin phase of a tournament".

What?

"The round robin phase - the group stage"

Ahhhhh ok

and here comes my made up fact...........

"Do you know why its called the Round Robin stage?"

No

"Because back in the old days before leather footballs they used to kill robins, the little birds, and ball them all up covered in tar and kick that around and that was the first football".

I completely forgot about this until last Saturday when I heard her telling this fact to a mutual friend at a party.  He gave me a knowing look.

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

When Euro 2016 started I was giving the missus the usual good news "52 games in X amount of days" and "4 weeks of back to back football" etc etc.  Just to annoy her.  Anyway after England drew the first game (and a few other teams got beat etc) she kept asking if they were out, is this the last game and on and on.  I kept just saying "group stages" to her.

Anyway I was watching the final with her bro-in-law and she came in with her sister and asked me a stupid question about extra time.  So I started telling the boy how daft she was and how little she knew about football (although no doubt she'll be out singing the sash on OF day and posting multiple Facebook updates about the mighty Gers).  Anyway, she asked me to stop slagging her and I said:

"Its hard not to when you don't understand the concept of a round robin phase of a tournament".

What?

"The round robin phase - the group stage"

Ahhhhh ok

and here comes my made up fact...........

"Do you know why its called the Round Robin stage?"

No

"Because back in the old days before leather footballs they used to kill robins, the little birds, and ball them all up covered in tar and kick that around and that was the first football".

I completely forgot about this until last Saturday when I heard her telling this fact to a mutual friend at a party.  He gave me a knowing look.

You are Brian AICMFP

image.jpeg