Kilsyth squad

c.gull

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as I said in the original post, I did hear it from someone else. My source is fairly reputable so I'd say the signing is imminent.

If it's the lad I'm thinking of, he's being looked at by Ayr but he'd probably be punching above his weight at Ayr. Would be ideal in the juniors though then build up to a big team like Cumnock or Talbot.

If it's the lad I'm thinking of, he's being looked at by Ayr but he'd probably be punching above his weight at Ayr. Would be ideal in the juniors though then build up to a big team like Cumnock or Talbot.

Ayr did offer him terms, but Jim Duffy convinced him to sign on at Clyde again with the promise that he'd use his contacts to get him a full time club further down the line. Every time I've seen him play for the under 19's he's been an absolute stand out, along with our other winger Scott Valziel. Assuming it's just on loan as I doubt even Clyde would be daft enough to let him go...

Kevin Thacker would be some signing for any junior team, the boy is electrifying. I find it hard to believe that we've let him go, are you sure it's not just on loan Scott?

I'd certainly like to think so. We've loaned out a number of U19 players this season due to our well documented financial problems, so it does make sense I suppose. He's definitely capable of playing at a higher level, but parachuting such a young lad, regardless of potential, straight into senior football is a massive risk and Duffy's done the right thing if it is indeed a loan deal.

Will be watching his progress closely.

According to his brother on Twitter it's Kilsyth on loan. I really hope some first team exposure helps him realise some of his potential - the way he seems to glide with the ball reminds me of Craig Bryson when he was at Clyde, who's now obviously a Scotland cap and Derby's vice captain. If Thacker can sort out the fitness issues he had at the tail end of last season then I'm sure he can go far

According to his brother on Twitter it's Kilsyth on loan. I really hope some first team exposure helps him realise some of his potential - the way he seems to glide with the ball reminds me of Craig Bryson when he was at Clyde, who's now obviously a Scotland cap and Derby's vice captain. If Thacker can sort out the fitness issues he had at the tail end of last season then I'm sure he can go far

Renfrew are going to be extremely unhappy, it was apparently a done deal for him to go there.

Renfrew are going to be extremely unhappy, it was apparently a done deal for him to go there.

We've a couple of players who are apparently on loan to EK which I don't think are confirmed, last thing we need are contract desputes.

We've a couple of players who are apparently on loan to EK which I don't think are confirmed, last thing we need are contract desputes.

Aye, well you know what Clyde are like for shooting themselves in the foot.

Archived