English Defence League

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which part is fallacy?

The Times first raised the issue in 2010. The police had known from 2009 but the cps would not prosecute.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/may/08/rochdale-child-sex-ring-case?intcmp=239

From the Graun, hardly a right wing redtop.

Also from the New Statesman, again impeccably left wing and anti racist.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2012/08/how-rochdale-grooming-case-exposed-british-prejudice

I wrote a bit on this at the time... http://flyingrodent.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/cashin-in.html

The short version is that, when almost every news outlet in the country reports on a story while simultaneously shouting about how they won't be silenced by the PC Brigade, in papers that sell millions of copies every day, you should smell a rat.

The Rochdale case got ten times as much coverage as the one the year before in Edinburgh. Did the PC Brigade just do a better job north of the border?

Or do we think that maybe, just maybe, the hacks were indulging in a bit of grandstanding so that gullible readers would believe they were being terribly brave by covering a story that every paper in the country was reporting, without any interference at all, in the UK's top selling publications?

I wrote a bit on this at the time... http://flyingrodent.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/cashin-in.html

The short version is that, when almost every news outlet in the country reports on a story while simultaneously shouting about how they won't be silenced by the PC Brigade, in papers that sell millions of copies every day, you should smell a rat.

The Rochdale case got ten times as much coverage as the one the year before in Edinburgh. Did the PC Brigade just do a better job north of the border?

Or do we think that maybe, just maybe, the hacks were indulging in a bit of grandstanding so that gullible readers would believe they were being terribly brave by covering a story that every paper in the country was reporting, without any interference at all, in the UK's top selling publications?

Decent post, the point surely is that the Fiscal's office correctly brought the basturts in Edinburgh to trial as did the CPS with the abusers you mention. There is/was a suspicion that the CPS in the grooming cases was overly reluctant to take the word of young girls that abuse was taking place. Yes the story was meat and drink to the red tops, piling in and making assertions about race, fukkem. But the question as to why cases were not brought lingers for many.

In fairness to the Times it has got some of its 60s and 70s mojo back in terms of decent investigative reporting. Alice Thomson's work on secret family courts in England springs to mind.Sadly that and all the original work on grooming gangs is behind the paywall

They knew, did they do anything about it? In fairness it was The Times which brought it to public attention not the EDl but don't kid yourself on that plod was doing anything.

Oh the Police knew all right.

So did the Government, BBC, MP'S etc.

They were afraid to offend and are therefore nearly as guilty.

Plod can't take any blame surely, they presented the facts to the CPS who did f'ck all.

If that's true, it's a bit odd that it didn't come out at the trial or in the enquiry. A lot of hacks made noises about this in opinion columns without ever being specific.

Note that "Knowing there were a couple of allegations and following procedure" and "knowing there was an organised crime ring operating and deliberately shielding criminals" are two different things.

Also worth recalling that any time some horrendous crime happens involving a bunch of folk from ethnic minorities - usually Muslims - a bunch of flatulent idiots announce that it can only have happened because Tha Librulz Police and Courtz and Governmentz are too soft on the ethnics.

The evidence for this is usually pretty weak, but that never, ever stops them.

Plod can't take any blame surely, they presented the facts to the CPS who did f'ck all.

Believe it or not, CPS have some pretty strict guidelines on when to proceed with prosecutions and when to drop them. They're based on the viability of a case, i.e. The available evidence.

The idea that a CPS lawyer would drop a sex offence prosecution because it might be perceived as racist is quite fun, but in reality it would be very hard to do without being at very least censured by your bosses.

i think i know why

lhHvhBh.jpg

edit: Before Confidemus reports this post, the racist image is used ironically to highlight the irrational fear that greenockraver experiences when he visits an area with a large central asian and african population.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

I feel awkward an out of place every time i walk through parts of pollokshields .

And I dare say someone from Pollokshields feels awkward and out of place walking around Inverurie. Funny how visible differences are only a big deal when it's whites on the receiving end, though.

Glasgow's south side is a great example of multiculturalism working in Scotland, with a really vibrant friendly community, and lots of mixed raced families and friendships. Only ever spoiled when the EDL come to town to hold unwanted vigils and protest the local Gurdwara (it has domes must me a fukking mosque!!!!!)

Edited by Broccoli Dog

I know, the spelling's dreadful:

attachicon.gifnazi.jpg

No-no, no-no-no-no, no-no-no-no, no-no there's no parkig!

Would be more difficult to walk down if they had the travelator from Gladiators, republican rioters or even wet leaves on the ground. As it stands it looks fairly simple.

No-no, no-no-no-no, no-no-no-no, no-no there's no parkig!

As it stands it looks fairly simple.

You should try it. I lived in Luton for a while and took a wrong turning on the way home and ended up there. That is a mistake you only make once!