Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Looking at the current state of Dundee United and how well the likes of Andy Robertson are doing lately got me thinking about Dundee United circa 2013-14 so I decided to install FM2014 to take a look at that Dundee United team and ended up starting to play a save with them.  There are some class youngsters on that side including the aforementioned Robertson, Ryan Gauld, John Souttar, et al.   I've done some wheeling and dealing, got 4million from Man Utd for John Souttar in a deal that included a loan back for the season and used that money to invest in some youngsters, also known as raiding cash strapped Hearts for spare parts. I've bought Jason Holt and Jamie Walker for a combined 200k, also picked up Lewis Macleod from Rangers for 250k and then once the Souttar money came in I went a bit nuts and sent St. Mirren 1M for Jason Naismith who my scouts said was brilliant and currently much better than my current Right Backs.  They were lying as my assistant manager only says he's current level is at 2 stars and not the 3.5 the scouts said, oh well.  I also tried to buy John McGinn but St. Mirren weren't selling. 

On the park I've won my first three games, 2-0 at Partick Thistle, 2-1 at home to ICT thanks to an injury time GMS winner and then won 1-0 at Hibs thanks to a John Souttar goal 10 minutes from time. 

Also fun to see which players this game gets right and who they get wrong.  For Example Euan Spark is a top prospect and I am trying to fend off offers from the likes of Leeds and Middlesbrough while Jack Hendry is shite

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite enjoying this save so far.  I'm currently second in the Premiership after 14 games, 6 points behind Celtic having beaten them 1-0 at Celtic Park.  I have also sold goalie Radosław Cierzniak for 500,000 pounds and signed free agent Craig Gordon.  Also just snapped up free agent Don Cowie after a trial but he has yet to play for me.  In the cups I am into the Semi-final of the League cup having beaten lower league oppositon in the form of Peterhead, Raith, and Dunfermline while my Scottish Cup draw was easy in theory (Formarntine at home) but I made tough work out of it with a rotated side, running out 2-1 winners. 

Finished my first season in second, comfortably ahead of third place Aberdeen but a good dozen points behind Celtic. As expected the vultures of England are coming for my top players. I have managed to get 9 million from Stoke for Armstrong and GMS, plus am trying to hold out for at least 5 m for Robertson and 10m for Gauld. In the mean time I've bought Danny Wilson from relegated Hearts for 600k and Graeme Shinnie from ICT for 600k as well. Also picked up Dylan McGeouch and Paul George on free transfers after their release from Celtic and Will Packwood also on a free. I tried to bring back Scott Allan after his release from West Brom but he said he hated Dundee United. I also had a good Regen class, Celtic have been trying to poach a bunch of them but I politely told Neil Lennon to get into the sea

Archived