Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

attachicon.giffm scottish cup final.jpg

Fun for all the family.

Seems it's not just in my games that the computer has 100% shots on target to goals ratio, don't know how many games a season this happens to me. :lol:

I wonder if playing a few friendlies in Japan would help push it along aswell

It does, I ended up with an American club in one of my saves, next pre-season I played 3 games in the US and at the end of the season I received a news message telling me I sold more shirts thanks to the tour and the clubs popularity in America.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my second season with Haladas in the Hungarian League. Finished a respectable 5th in first season, with the second best defence in the league but a not great scoring record.

My team this year is the most YOLO I've ever seen on FM. 30 scored and 22 conceded after 11 games :lol: I can't get them to calm the f**k down.

I'm doing the Champions League Challenge and Red Star Belgrade might be the most fun I've ever had in this game. Their youth players are amazing.

Just starting my fourth season and I've won the title every season, made it to the CL semi-finals a couple o seasons ago and generally just dominated Serbian football, I was unbeaten in 50 games until the tail end of last season.

Goal difference of +95 last year.

What's the Champions League challenge?

I had a dream last night I was going to start the Hull City challenge: only being able to sign players whose names you can't fill in. Found it very difficult and didn't have enough players to start the season.

What's the Champions League challenge?

I had a dream last night I was going to start the Hull City challenge: only being able to sign players whose names you can't fill in. Found it very difficult and didn't have enough players to start the season.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-challenge-mode-scenarios/148495-champions-league-challenge.html

I was half tempted to start a Youth Academy Challenge with a big side, as despite it being an easy start, it would get harder and harder the longer it went on. I imagine.

It's just you have to win the Champions League with all 22 of the pre 2013/14 winners. I think it was on FM-Base.

Some of the teams, Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea etc., it won't take a lot of doing to win it but teams like Nottingham Forest, Villa, Red Star Belgrade actually prove a bit of a challenge.

It's just a nice easy one before the next game comes out, where I think I'll do a similar thing where by you have to win the CL with all the teams that have been runner-ups but never won, i.e. Malmo, Anderlecht.

Having just read that link I put up, some guy apparently won the CL in his first season with Steau :lol: No cheating at all there

The challenge has been pretty good so far and it's been my longest save so far this year. I think it could get pretty boring when you're at the big clubs but Belgrade has been brilliant because you can just dominate domestic football and then struggle a wee bit in Europe. I imagine Steaua will be as difficult and interesting though, Forest not so much because once you get to the EPL the money is enough to assemble a very good squad fairly quickly.

An example of the difference I'd give is this, in my 5 years at Belgrade I've won the league 4 times, just started the 5th season, in terms of league prize money I've only won, roughly, £400'000. In that time I've competed in the CL 3 times, 4 if you include this season, my prize money from that is £10 million per season just for reaching the Group Stages. In the 4 years at Belgrade I've been knocked out in the group stages once and reached the SFs and QFs once each. My transfer budget has gone from £300'000 to £23 million.

I'd be able to reach a similar level of income with Forest within about 2 years. That coupled with being able to sign a higher quality of player quicker makes it a bit easier I'd say.

In my second season with Haladas in the Hungarian League. Finished a respectable 5th in first season, with the second best defence in the league but a not great scoring record.

My team this year is the most YOLO I've ever seen on FM. 30 scored and 22 conceded after 11 games :lol: I can't get them to calm the f**k down.

FM 2008 when it first came out was unbelievable. Before they brought out the first patch every match was a cricket score - I was East Stirlingshire and got the old favourite Brannimir Kostadinov from Hearts and he scored over 120 goals a season - and I finished second.

I don't envisage getting anywhere with the CL Challenge this season, Benfica, Ajax and Bayern Munich are in my group. On the upside Serbia now had an automatic group stage spot and we should walk the league.

Where's an ideal starting point for this Champions League challenge? I want to ease myself into it with a side that's not got too high expectations but that I should be able to comfortably start with before moving on to the harder places.

Manchester United maybe? I'd imagine you'd get to do a bit of a squad overhaul but you'd have the money to do it. Plus you've got the scenario of replacing Ferguson.

Hate playing in the Europa League as it's affecting my league title push but genuine real life scenes if this happened:

post-6423-0-78506800-1412875432_thumb.jp

Top of the league on goal difference going into the winter break so hopefully I can finish in the top two so I can qualify for the Champions League. It's my third season and the first two I was just piped into third by Shakhtar late on. Really enjoying this save and I only have three foreigners at the club, two are 18/19 and are 4 and half/ 5* rated.

FM 2008 when it first came out was unbelievable. Before they brought out the first patch every match was a cricket score - I was East Stirlingshire and got the old favourite Brannimir Kostadinov from Hearts and he scored over 120 goals a season - and I finished second.

Reminds of when the front/back post header glitch at corners used to be really bad. Heiko Westermann scored 28 goals from centre half for my Hamburg team and won the European Golden Boot.

I was completely oblivious to the glitch so thought big Heiko had just gone on a great scoring run and was delighted. Kind of ruined it a bit when I realised everything I'd won had been a fraud.

It's always at corners, the glitches. Having Oscar Cardozo hanging outside the box every time produced some great results for pretty much every team I went in FM2010.

I got an unbelievable amount of joy from short corners on that version - have someone offering a short option to someone with good crossing and dribbling, get corners played short = guaranteed 1 chance per game from a corner, because iirc the AI never seemed to pick up the player offering the short option so they had all the time in the world to drill a ball in.

I also remember having a goalkeeper regen with 19/20 kicking, and a Burkina Faso regen striker with Didier Drogba level stats (18 bravery, jumping, heading, strength, about 14 pace + acceleration) so I mucked about with the sliders and settings - the goalkeeper was set to hoof the ball up at every opportunity aimed at said Burkina Fasoian (not sure if that's right!) who was set as a target man, and against SPL level defenses, it created at least 1 chance per game. Got to the stage that every time my goalkeeper had the ball in his hands in the highlights I was excited because a chance was coming!

Regarding Branamir Kostadinov - I also seem to remember a Steve McGlinchey who was unbelievable up until about FM 2008, he had 20 pace and acceleration which made him a goalscoring monster against EVERY lower league side, and even some of the lesser SPL sides. Always available on a free, too. Craig Gunn was another very useful signing in a few versions. You could also, I'm sure, get Kevin McDonald from Dundee for about 5k, Lauri Dalla Valle for about the same, Graeme Dorrans, Robert Snodgrass... all for a pittance, and all became mainstays who you could sell on for £££ later on. Great times.

Archived