Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was thinking of buying fm 14 as finally got a decent laptop, havent played manager game since early days of championship manager, read a lot of bad reviews about fm 14, is it that bad?

It's not bad at all, takes a bit of getting used to but once you know what you're doing it's fine. Not perfect mind but still excellent.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369117-FM14-Transfers-amp-Data-Update-Packs-by_pr0/page2

This guy is the best for transfer updates imo, good coverage of Scottish Transfers and very accurate with the rest of the world. He also updates co-efficients etc. His latest update will be out on the 5th at some point.

I just randomly started a save with Brondby, no idea why. Interesting so far though :lol: no idea who most folk are

Felt the need to start in Holland after my successful venture with Vitesse on FM13 (in which I ended up with Mattia Destro and Chucky Ferreyra scoring about 70 goals per season between them and managed to win the league 3 times before fucking off to Chelsea), but after 1 point from 3 league games, I just can't see this panning out the same way. :( Agree about finding gems though, I signed Destro on a free and he became the best striker in Europe after a few seasons, glorious scenes. :thumsup2

This is the only type of file I enjoy these days. Middle ranking teams in middle ranking leagues - had a great file going with Groningen e.g. - or larger "fallen giants" types in shit leagues and trying to make them features in Europe again.

How's Denmark for a file RG? Anyone else any other suggestions for a good European league to go outwith the big boy leagues?

Got a bit bored so decided to sign for Rangers, and see how long it took to get sacked. 11 days.

qmNdmR4.jpg?1?1456

Thought I done well with a young squad tbh, especially in the first game.

How can you lose 40 goals in a game? :lol:

was thinking of buying fm 14 as finally got a decent laptop, havent played manager game since early days of championship manager, read a lot of bad reviews about fm 14, is it that bad?

It's on sale on Steam for £8-£9 just now, up until the World Cup starts.

Any good right backs, centre backs, left backs, goalkeepers or attacking wide players that anyone can think of for around £50K max? I'm squeezing results out with Accies but I'm hovering above the play off spot with 2 games to go and I'm planning on a big summer clear out and bringing people in.

Just started my second season with Hibs and 3 games in it looks like it's going to be a strange season

First game vs St Mirren I was 2-0 down after 7 minutes, went in at half time 4-2 up, ended up losing 6-5!!!

Second game was a bit more normal, a 4-2 win at home to Aberdeen

Third game though lost 7-4 away to Dundee Utd.

How does that even happen?? It's not as though I've got everyone pushing forward, I'm playing a flat back four FFS!!

I bought it not long ago, after looking on steam it was £35, so I went on to amazon and got it for £17. Within an hour of me purchasing it from amazon, steam cut the price to £8.75.

:lol:

Sorry.

Any good right backs, centre backs, left backs, goalkeepers or attacking wide players that anyone can think of for around £50K max? I'm squeezing results out with Accies but I'm hovering above the play off spot with 2 games to go and I'm planning on a big summer clear out and bringing people in.

Alexander Groven is a good left back can get him for around 12k at beginning of the game he's a Norway u21 another good bargain from Norways u21 is Fredrick Haugen get him for 16k tho he's a cm/am both have done a a job for me in my Aberdeen and wolves saves

For Right back you could see about Jason Thomson from Raith. I picked him up for £30K

Centre Half I was offered a player called Thomas Geyer who was a free agent, though with Accies his wage may be a stumbling block. He's actually turned into a very accomplished defender. Next again season though he was worth £100K

Another free agent i was offered was and Attackin Left Midfielder was Morten Nielson. He doesn't appear to be anything spectacular but he does enough to take a place on the bench

Spent a good hour setting up a game with Dundee Utd, only to receive a crash dump error when saving as I was about to kick off the league campaign. Seething.

I considered that, but always thought it would be a bit... messy

You have to be careful with your money more since your building a whole squad from scratch, but you can be irresponsible and sign a couple quality players on silly money.

good fun

You have to be careful with your money more since your building a whole squad from scratch, but you can be irresponsible and sign a couple quality players on silly money.

good fun

Sounds a bit like LMA Manager when you created your own team and built it from scratch.

I'm doing the research for Falkirk in FM15 so if anyone noticed any glaring errors with the FFC squad that I may have missed, do me a favour and let me know? My main concern was that Craig Sibbald was overpowered to f**k and Conor McGrandles was the exact opposite.

Lee Desmond (LB) and Paddy Barrett (CD, DM) have been fantastic on my Accies save.

Archived