Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

England won the world cup on mine.... Germany won the euros in 2016 beating England on pens :lol: Scotland made it to France and gave a decent account of themselves .

Anyway so I am in 2017/18 season and am with Dumbarton , i joined late in the previous season and managed to get up to the championship through the play-offs . I orginally started in England with Lincoln and after 3 years had them as comfortable mid-table league 2 team but i got bored and left .

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my first season with Benfica I won the treble with Luisao taking home the golden boot with a whopping 24 goals from central defence! Thankfully(?) this glitch seems to have stopped this season.

Cruised through a tricky champions league group with PSG coming 6 points behind me in 2nd. Squad is pretty much unchanged from the one I started with with the exception of bringing in Henrique from Palmeiras in my first season, Alessio Cerci for £4.5m and Raul Garcia for £3.5m (an absolute bargain).

My attempts to get to the Champions League with Gibraltarian minnows Lincoln (GIB) has been an eventful journey, but not as eventful of the wee side from the Highlands Clachnacuddin. They were in League One ten years ago, before a Tycoon takeover saw them rocket up the leagues. They are now regulars in Europe, to the point where they reached the CL group stages the same year I did. The next season, I could only make the Europa League groups, where I was drawn against...Clachnacuddin. They horsed us. Twice. Along with everyone else in the group. Some team.

Tim Sherwood won the World Cup as England manager one my current save.

Tim Sherwood in managing Man City in my save, and has turned them into the dominant side in the Country. Although, ironically, Tottenham just won the Champions League

I've came across the Clyde researchers regen, wasn't shy either. 14 caps, 6 goals for Scotland aged 19!

I'd be coming across him too

Got bored, so went back to playing that Sooper league database, finished my first season with saints. Ended up 3rd, behind Celtic and ICT. Who I was above until the last day of the season until a 1-1 draw against Albion Rovers, who were rock bottom buggered that up. :lol: Stevie May ended up with 28 league goals. I decided to save it and go in 2 different directions, a serious one involving sense and one where I just went mental.

In the mental one, I signed Christina Benteke for 12 million. This could be interesting. :lol:

In my first game in the Europa League, away from home, 5-0 win, 43 shots to nil. Benteke got a goal and an assist in one half, before I took him off, cause his fitness was at 48%. This could certainly be fun.

I took over when Saints were in the First, and have built us back up into a top six side, winning a Scottish Cup and making the Europa League group stage on the way. But I feel like I'm already reaching a stage where I'll struggle to go any further. Celtic, Dundee United, Inverness and Hearts are all far richer than me and have numerous players on £15k+ a week. While I struggle along with the third lowest wage bill in the league and even then I'm stretching the finances. Repeatedly get offers from Championship sides in England, and getting tempted more and more

Wasn't going to get this because I thought FM13 was pish but bought it eventually and actually really liking it. Not had time for any long term saves yet but had a couple of attempts which I've rather enjoyed.

Had probably the most exciting league season I've ever had on FM with Ujpest from Hungary. Were 5 teams within 3 points going into the last day (7 teams within 5 points a few weeks before that). Trailing by 2 points I didn't have much chance but an injury time equaliser away to fierce rivals Ferencvaros cost them the title.

patrick-bateman.gif

Debrecen who were 3rd and hadn't been top once all season (league places are decided on games won) nabbed the title. Because Ferencvaros were playing in the national stadium due to redevelopment there was 30k there.

Also, in another file (soz, can't seem to properly screenshot from FM).....

SEzpFAP.jpg

Does anyone else get far too attached to players on this? :lol: I probably should be punting out some "dead weight" but its hard to do

I took over when Saints were in the First, and have built us back up into a top six side, winning a Scottish Cup and making the Europa League group stage on the way. But I feel like I'm already reaching a stage where I'll struggle to go any further. Celtic, Dundee United, Inverness and Hearts are all far richer than me and have numerous players on £15k+ a week. While I struggle along with the third lowest wage bill in the league and even then I'm stretching the finances. Repeatedly get offers from Championship sides in England, and getting tempted more and more

I had this with saints. Got to the stage where i didn't feel i could do anymore than finish top 6, 4 seasons i finished 6th,5th,3rd and 5th. Won 2 Scottish cups and a league cup and made the Europa league group stages twice. What annoyed me was although i had successful seasons i couldn't compete in the transfer market with Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Utd etc The Rangers were back in the Premiership and i constantly would lose my best players to bids which the chairman accepted.

Frustrating when you spend hours trying to find youth players and young talent only for them to be sold the season after.

I ended up having enough when I got offered the Nottm Forest job who had an ageing team and had been there or there abouts in a relegation battle in the Championship for a couple seasons. Currently been at Forest for 12 seasons and its just a great save. Won the Premiership twice and Champs League once but every season is a challenge and ive built up one of the best youth sides ive ever had in fm.

Looking back at Saints in the time ive been at Forest theyve been relegated once and came back up and won the Spl once. I'm going back once I've won my third domestic title for some unfinished business. In this save Raith have won the SPl twice and the rangers are back in the championship and have been for 4 seasons haha

I decided to start at a career at Man U. However, I was hit by injuries from the beginning and had to play a few of the under 21s and young players I had signed. I ended up getting sacked while being 4th in the league, 8 points be hide Liverpool with 3 games in hand. To make things even better Mark Hughes was brought in to replace me. I'm now top of League one with Preston by a point with 3 games left.

I decided to start at a career at Man U. However, I was hit by injuries from the beginning and had to play a few of the under 21s and young players I had signed. I ended up getting sacked while being 4th in the league, 8 points be hide Liverpool with 3 games in hand. To make things even better Mark Hughes was brought in to replace me. I'm now top of League one with Preston by a point with 3 games left.

Man United to Preston? Ouch :lol:

I'm finding finances a bit of a struggle in the Scottish lower leagues. Playing as Clyde and I'm now in League One and despite being within my budgets and managing to sell a player I'm still loosing cash at an alaraming rate.

Think I might jump ship at the end of the season.

Does anyone else get far too attached to players on this? :lol: I probably should be punting out some "dead weight" but its hard to do

A couple of versions ago (might have been FM11) I had a young player on loan from Arsenal at Aberdeen who was immense in midfield. He was released when he went back and I signed him on a free. Next couple of seasons he dominated the middle of the park in pretty much every game, culminating in scoring the winner in the cup final to secure a treble. I turned down all sorts of offers to keep him, but when I left for a bigger job my successor sold him to Valencia, where he sat in the reserves and played the occasional cup game. Gutting.

Man United to Preston? Ouch :lol:

I'm finding finances a bit of a struggle in the Scottish lower leagues. Playing as Clyde and I'm now in League One and despite being within my budgets and managing to sell a player I'm still loosing cash at an alaraming rate.

Think I might jump ship at the end of the season.

Managing Clachnacuddin when they were promoted to League 2, I've actually found money not to be a problem. There were nowhere near enough players and no backroom staff when I joined, but I got a wage budget of £3,000 (mega-bucks for that size of club) and despite having signed a full set of coaches, scouts, physios, etc and enough players to field two squads, I'm still well under budget. The club is making a loss every month, but not at a rate that would have us in the red at the end of the season.

I had this with saints. Got to the stage where i didn't feel i could do anymore than finish top 6, 4 seasons i finished 6th,5th,3rd and 5th. Won 2 Scottish cups and a league cup and made the Europa league group stages twice. What annoyed me was although i had successful seasons i couldn't compete in the transfer market with Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Utd etc The Rangers were back in the Premiership and i constantly would lose my best players to bids which the chairman accepted.

Frustrating when you spend hours trying to find youth players and young talent only for them to be sold the season after.

I ended up having enough when I got offered the Nottm Forest job who had an ageing team and had been there or there abouts in a relegation battle in the Championship for a couple seasons. Currently been at Forest for 12 seasons and its just a great save. Won the Premiership twice and Champs League once but every season is a challenge and ive built up one of the best youth sides ive ever had in fm.

Looking back at Saints in the time ive been at Forest theyve been relegated once and came back up and won the Spl once. I'm going back once I've won my third domestic title for some unfinished business. In this save Raith have won the SPl twice and the rangers are back in the championship and have been for 4 seasons haha

Yeah its frustrating as hell, but I'm determined to make them the best side in the Country. Just been checking and St Mirren have now joined ICT, Dundee United and Hearts as having a millionaire take them over. Oh joy

A couple of versions ago (might have been FM11) I had a young player on loan from Arsenal at Aberdeen who was immense in midfield. He was released when he went back and I signed him on a free. Next couple of seasons he dominated the middle of the park in pretty much every game, culminating in scoring the winner in the cup final to secure a treble. I turned down all sorts of offers to keep him, but when I left for a bigger job my successor sold him to Valencia, where he sat in the reserves and played the occasional cup game. Gutting.

Thats the worst, when you leave a brilliant squad behind and the next guy rips it apart for so little money

Just won League one with Preston, now the mega-heavyweights of Barnsley are being rumoured about getting me. Plus Germany won the World Cup in 2014 beating England 5-1. With Switzerland finishing 3rd by beating Spain 4-2 in the 3rd place play-off. How I love this game.

In my Pro Vercelli game a few years ago, I had players who were with me for around 10/12 years and I refused to let them go. They were with me from season one/two and although they were no-where near good enough (it didn't matter as I was steamrolling just about every team) I just didn't have the heart to let them go. They eventually went off when I started to feel really bad for them, but I arranged friendlies against their sides.

It also happened when a few of the better players moved on when I was just starting out in Serie A, where they went for €30M and I signed them for the same price a few seasons later.

Can someone please do me a favour and take a screenshot of their Preferences>Interface please

im certain something is missing from mine

ive been having major problems with the game in terms of installing custom skins & graphics

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/388477-Initial-screen-broken?p=9535923#post9535923

Archived