Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

I signed Michael Owen and Andrey Arshavin for Aberdeen in FM11. Both spent a chunk of the season injured and mostly just drained my wage budget, but I'd qualified for the Champions League two years on the bounce and the board were just throwing money at me so I could afford it. Neither of them were hugely impressive, but both got a hat-trick when I pumped Rangers 6-1 at Ibrox so can't complain too much :lol:

Well worth it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i signed this guy in January last season i was flirting with relegation & he has been a big part in turning it round to a 4th place finish

post-21687-0-32952000-1391198184_thumb.j

and that upsurge in form has continued into the following season at home & in europe (with an outstanding 2 legged victory over Atlético Madrid)

Robbie Muirhead signing on loan from Norwich has fair chipping in with the goals as well (8! in his first 3 games)

post-21687-0-63579900-1391198163_thumb.j

My biggest problem is an oil rich Kilmarnock currently top the league , Celtic are also loaded & Rangers are now in the top flight , possibly a tough ask to finish ahead of these sides

Hi need a bit of help as I'm considering buying the game.

Is an internet connection needed to play the game all the time, or just to install it? I also don't have Steam or anything like that so will it still work on my computer. Other than that I think my computer specifications are fine for playing it.

Cheers.

Is an internet connection needed to play the game all the time, or just to install it? I also don't have Steam or anything like that so will it still work on my computer. Other than that I think my computer specifications are fine for playing it.

Cheers.

Youll.need Steam to play it,but should ony need an internet connection while you install. Might not even need that if it's a boxed copy. You can set it to offline once you've installed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1f6hjzq9nv9dxgn/January%202014%20Edits%20-%20FINAL.dbc

Just got done with the fm update for scotland plus whatever other deals I could do, took me ages but glad to have it done (I think)

Good work. Downloaded it a couple of days back, not noticed anything glaringly wrong with it. Seems to cover most things. :thumsup2

Cheers.

You'll need an internet connection to install it once, but afterwards you can run it offline. And you will need to install steam but that's totally free. Just insert the disc and it will run you through creating an account before installing.

Began to lose interest in my Ayr United save after my backroom team were unable to find me a bunch of players suitable for the Championship. My squad of 6 is about to increase to 8 about a week and a half before our first pre-season friendly and tbh, I'm beginning to think I'll have to field 'greyed out' players in the Championship if our current luck in the transfer market continues and I really don't want that. My board abandoned their search in finding me a parent club and I've lost all motivation to continue the save, which is a shame because I was looking forward to the challenge of keeping us in the Championship. It's partly my own fault because I waited until after the play-off final to decide on who I wanted to keep, but I didn't get a reminder about the expiring contracts and all of a sudden, three quarters of my squad were gone.

Looking for a save to tide me over until the January update comes out, any suggestions?

Looking for a save to tide me over until the January update comes out, any suggestions?

I often get bored of my Thistle save because I always go through bad runs at the start of the season before picking up and eventually finishing 3rd/4th. If you wanted to go a big team then Inter Milan are a challenge because they are pretty shit and I guess it would be a bit of an achievement to restore them to former glories. I just started with them today. If you wanted something different I had fun going JIPPO Joensuu in the Finnish leagues. It's pretty easy to find cheap free agents who will do a very good job for you in Finland.

I subscribed to a Sooper league from someone called Rico. The top league is 20 teams and then theres one of 22. The prize money is identical to the EPLs and everyone starts with an increased budget. I usually dont enjoy those types of save, but the fact every side is loaded, and theres not as many "top" players actually available, which leads to complete warfare over players, and makes you feel fantastic when you find a good player nobody else is after, makes me enjoy it immensely. The budgets are still relative I'm sure, in that Celtic have more money than the others and so on.

Top transfers so far have been Andros Townsend to Celtic, and Leigh Griffiths to Ross County. Sure St Mirren signed someone for £4m odd aswell but can't remember

I often get bored of my Thistle save because I always go through bad runs at the start of the season before picking up and eventually finishing 3rd/4th. If you wanted to go a big team then Inter Milan are a challenge because they are pretty shit and I guess it would be a bit of an achievement to restore them to former glories. I just started with them today. If you wanted something different I had fun going JIPPO Joensuu in the Finnish leagues. It's pretty easy to find cheap free agents who will do a very good job for you in Finland.

Inter could be a decent shout actually, was thinking big team was the way to go as it probably wouldn't be a long term project and I've never actually managed in Italy before on FM. Was thinking of taking the easy option and going City and try and dominate Europe but Inter could be the way to go.

I subscribed to a Sooper league from someone called Rico. The top league is 20 teams and then theres one of 22. The prize money is identical to the EPLs and everyone starts with an increased budget. I usually dont enjoy those types of save, but the fact every side is loaded, and theres not as many "top" players actually available, which leads to complete warfare over players, and makes you feel fantastic when you find a good player nobody else is after, makes me enjoy it immensely. The budgets are still relative I'm sure, in that Celtic have more money than the others and so on.

Top transfers so far have been Andros Townsend to Celtic, and Leigh Griffiths to Ross County. Sure St Mirren signed someone for £4m odd aswell but can't remember

That sounds fun but I reckon I'd end up getting too involved in that and I'm only really looking for something I can play for a month or so before starting my Hearts save when the January update is out. St Mirren spending £4m on a player :lol:.

That sounds fun but I reckon I'd end up getting too involved in that and I'm only really looking for something I can play for a month or so before starting my Hearts save when the January update is out. St Mirren spending £4m on a player :lol:.

Turns out it was £4.8m :lol: on a fairly average player aswell!

Hamilton and Airidrie both bought players for £1m+ aswell. SCENES

SooperPremierLeague_TransfersTransfers_z

Ross County spending over £4m on Leigh Griffiths :lol:.

Ended up starting a new save with AC Milan. Made the English, German, Italian and Spanish leagues playable and hit randomise until I got a big club. Squad is a bit better than I thought actually.

Turns out it was £4.8m :lol: on a fairly average player aswell!

Hamilton and Airidrie both bought players for £1m+ aswell. SCENES

SooperPremierLeague_TransfersTransfers_z

All pretty average players to be fair.

Gonna get back into my Saints save tonight. On a poor run of form which has seen us slip from 4th to 9th in the table. Not sure what to do to turn it round.

Ross County spending over £4m on Leigh Griffiths :lol:.

Hes on about £12k a week aswell. Its brilliant

All pretty average players to be fair.

Far better than what was there, I'm still sort of restricted in that I can "only" offer wages up to £25k or so, so hopefully that increases as time go on.

On a sidenote I'm sure most people struggle to get the best out of Nigel Hasselbaink, and I'm one of them. So much so that I fell out with him at the start of the season by signing too many wingers, and he informed me he'd be leaving for free when his contract ran out. Due to injuries I was forced to play him as the lone striker as an advanced forward. This is whats happened...

NigelHasselbaink_ReportsForm_zpsd7bab3c4

I took my Middlesborough team to 5th in the league - just 3 points of the title winners Tottenham. It was great. Now I'm in the Euro Cup and have bombed this season. Sitting in 14th, have drawn 11 of my last 15 games (won 2 and lost 2 as well). Getting cheesed off.

But the crowning turd in the water pipe...I have 3 keepers. 2 excellent and one youngster. 1st January and Bolton offer to take the youngster on loan. Off he goes on the 2nd. Later on the 2nd both my other keepers get injured in training, leaving me none. I can't recall the youngster. I have a game on on the 3rd, with no keeper.

Not looking forward to getting pumped off Fulham.

Archived