Dalbeattie Star v Threave Rovers

Ross O'Neri

Threave played to there strenghths and did so superbly .

Its upto Dalbeattie to break them down .

Degnan was definately onside as I was bang inline with the last defender .

The ref was nothing short of terrible . Dunga could/should have been sent off and how Negri never got booked is beyond me . The lad that was sent off should have got a straight red for the way he approached the ref after the penalty was awarded . Last word goes on Stars tactics or rather lack OF . To play a lone front man with Milly on the left was playing right into Threaves hands on the night .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does look bad on the photo but as said before his foot is inches from the ball, the Threave lad just nicked it away first. If it was as bad as it looks I take it the guy got stretchered off and was taken to hospital. No, he managed to play (and play quite well actually) the whole 90 minutes without any problem. Any still photograph can make any incident look horrific.

The fact is , it doesn't matter if he nicked the ball away just before the tackle, his intent and follow through on the tackle to everyone that seen it was a straight red. How the referee never branded a red card I will never know. Forgetting that, threave went there to win I don't see we're this big he-haw of lowering the tone of the game has came from. As far as I am aware the game was played in the manner it was expected to be played in , both teams wanting to have a kick and slag each other while trying to play football. It was always going to happen. Neither team deserved to win I think a draw justified both performances. Saying that, billy the linesman has never been involved in a game Not tried to be the main spectacle, no can he on Tuesday night when he made a terrible decision that was clearly on side, the lad Degnan checked his run and ran by Curtis after the ball was played. Didn't know you could referee/line a game if your relative was playing anyway?

The fact is , it doesn't matter if he nicked the ball away just before the tackle, his intent and follow through on the tackle to everyone that seen it was a straight red. How the referee never branded a red card I will never know. Forgetting that, threave went there to win I don't see we're this big he-haw of lowering the tone of the game has came from. As far as I am aware the game was played in the manner it was expected to be played in , both teams wanting to have a kick and slag each other while trying to play football. It was always going to happen. Neither team deserved to win I think a draw justified both performances. Saying that, billy the linesman has never been involved in a game Not tried to be the main spectacle, no can he on Tuesday night when he made a terrible decision that was clearly on side, the lad Degnan checked his run and ran by Curtis after the ball was played. Didn't know you could referee/line a game if your relative was playing anyway?

The linesman you are talking about has to be the worst at his profession. He is inept in his manner both in communicating and understanding how the game is played. He appears to want to be seen and talked about unfortunately for him he is just treated with contempt as a small minded boy who needs to grow up and realise he is paid to do his job properly.

The linesman you are talking about has to be the worst at his profession. He is inept in his manner both in communicating and understanding how the game is played. He appears to want to be seen and talked about unfortunately for him he is just treated with contempt as a small minded boy who needs to grow up and realise he is paid to do his job properly.

Thats an accurate description .

The linesman Dewer-Riddick has in the past also stated his dislike towards threave and also shouldn't it be a rule that you can't referee/line a game if a relative is playing for one team. As stupid and petty as it sounds, that's the kind of person he is that he would side with something like this. The game is past and it finished a draw. The next game will sort all this out. Money grabbers never performed as well as there big signing on fees suggested they should. Simple.

Bit harsh to call people money grabbers. I've no problem with players going to a club because they can earn decent money.
But yes, game over, a draw. Looking forward to the games this weekend.

Dalbeattie's managers comments will come back to haunt. That's embarrassing what he said. Before he comments on other teams tactics he should maybe look at his own, just managed to read the GN today. Good luck earning any respect from teams with comments like that. Threave done what they needed to do and comments suggest this manager can't hack it and will spit the dummy when his team is challenged to a physical game. Good luck.. It's a long season with new teams and everyone thinking they have a chance against each other, it's not the south anymore.

Bit harsh to call people money grabbers. I've no problem with players going to a club because they can earn decent money.

But yes, game over, a draw. Looking forward to the games this weekend.

This. However, there will always be a pre-occupation and associated rumours concerning how much players are making.

At the end of the day the clubs will pay players what they think they can afford.

The struggle now for them is balancing players wages and upgrading there grounds

for the lowland league membership.2015 is not that far off. While some grants to help

will be there they will have to find the balance That's where Threave,Spartans and Preston are ahead

of the rest of the teams. Some will now be wishing they had spent the SFA money over the past few years

on there facility's and not putting it into the players pockets.

At the end of the day the clubs will pay players what they think they can afford.

The struggle now for them is balancing players wages and upgrading there grounds

for the lowland league membership.2015 is not that far off. While some grants to help

will be there they will have to find the balance That's where Threave,Spartans and Preston are ahead

of the rest of the teams. Some will now be wishing they had spent the SFA money over the past few years

on there facility's and not putting it into the players pockets.

Agree, With all the money pumped into players signing on fees, it's a wonder if they now have enough money to meet the criteria for the 2015 season. Only time will tell.

Dalbeattie's managers comments will come back to haunt. That's embarrassing what he said. Before he comments on other teams tactics he should maybe look at his own, just managed to read the GN today. Good luck earning any respect from teams with comments like that. Threave done what they needed to do and comments suggest this manager can't hack it and will spit the dummy when his team is challenged to a physical game. Good luck.. It's a long season with new teams and everyone thinking they have a chance against each other, it's not the south anymore.

Was thinking about your post I agree with you as regards Dalbeattie managers comments. I seem to remember a few years ago during his 1st spell as manager at Dalbeattie when Threave were always winning at Islecroft he ordered the groundsman to reduce the width of the pitch.So there was not any advantage to the better team.I never heard any complaints about that.In other words you do what is best for your team and make it as hard for your opponent as possible that's life not deflecting from your own teams performance on the night.

• 1 month later...

Does everyone at Dalbeattie think that everyone is going roll over and let them win every game. Threave pressed the game well, had the better chances and scored a goal that was on-side. Dalbeattie had the ball but never caused threave any danger, Dunga should have been sent off, the picture of the tackle is on dg news Facebook page, above the knee(leg breaker).

On Darren Kerr, maybe he is a mouth piece and people don't like him but the boys has had a good career, won a lot more than most of the Dalbeattie players, achieved more in the Scottish cup than most of the Dalbeattie players, so to say he has not got any ability or class is embarrassing. Dalbeattie are going no-where under skin, this was or you could say is a better team than previous years and he's got them playing poor football.

dalbeattie going nowhere under skin?? Ha ha eat your words my friend.

Was thinking about your post I agree with you as regards Dalbeattie managers comments. I seem to remember a few years ago during his 1st spell as manager at Dalbeattie when Threave were always winning at Islecroft he ordered the groundsman to reduce the width of the pitch.So there was not any advantage to the better team.I never heard any complaints about that.In other words you do what is best for your team and make it as hard for your opponent as possible that's life not deflecting from your own teams performance on the night.

just so the facts are right cheeky!! Skin widened the pitch not the other way round! Also dalbeattie were in the east league where as threave in the south, so when threave played dalbeattie it was there second string, other than one occasion in a cup game when they played skins east team and dalbeattie hammered them 5.1 as I recall!!! Also at that time threave were offering skin twice the money he was getting at star. So in future cheeky, do your research first before opening your cheeky mouth.

just so the facts are right cheeky!! Skin widened the pitch not the other way round! Also dalbeattie were in the east league where as threave in the south, so when threave played dalbeattie it was there second string, other than one occasion in a cup game when they played skins east team and dalbeattie hammered them 5.1 as I recall!!! Also threave were offering skin to manage them now, double the money star were, but he opted for star and half the wages!! Respect!

just so the facts are right cheeky!! Skin widened the pitch not the other way round! Also dalbeattie were in the east league where as threave in the south, so when threave played dalbeattie it was there second string, other than one occasion in a cup game when they played skins east team and dalbeattie hammered them 5.1 as I recall!!! Also at that time threave were offering skin twice the money he was getting at star. So in future cheeky, do your research first before opening your cheeky mouth.

If I recall correctly it was holtys team that beat threave 5-1 that night? I may be wrong as you've clearly done your research

I have the team sheet from that game found it the other day very spokey how it's now popped up on this forum. The game was 5-1 Dalbeattie, didn't look like threave's strongest team however with Dunga warren, Donley and Wilby on the bench no sign of Baty either so he might of been at Threave then but the only players that started who would be classed at regulars where Vinnie, Pato, Kerr and green. That was a few years back but I do remember it being a one sided game. I don't think you could read to much into that result.

If I recall correctly it was holtys team that beat threave 5-1 that night? I may be wrong as you've clearly done your research

yes you are wrong skin built that team and had to resign due to personal reasons! And hotly was left with the team skin built. Then the better players left for Annan. Skin also left threave when they were up at the top of the east league. And now he is trying to built a new team at dalbeattie, which is now up there beating the best teams in the league! Sitting good at the moment, why is there so many snipers out there? Trying to knock him off?

Archived