Car advice

Most likely already been asked but I'm a lazy b*****d and can't be bothered trawling through the entire thread.
Anyway, I made an online enquiry about a car a few days ago and i'm going to the dealership today to discuss it further. Fairly sure that I'll end up buying the car but ideally I would want to negotiate on the price a bit. Is the sticker price full and final or would I be able to, essentially, make the dealership an offer?
I've had a look on Google and it seems dealerships can be open to negotiating but was just looking to see if anyone had any experience of this.

If you can wait a month, do so. No one buys cars in the run up to Christmas so they’re much more motivated (ie prone to discounting) to shift stock. And do not believe the bullshit about it’ll be gone tomorrow. But, if it is, damn sure the dealership will be getting more of the same back into stock if they sell so quick.

Most likely already been asked but I'm a lazy b*****d and can't be bothered trawling through the entire thread.
Anyway, I made an online enquiry about a car a few days ago and i'm going to the dealership today to discuss it further. Fairly sure that I'll end up buying the car but ideally I would want to negotiate on the price a bit. Is the sticker price full and final or would I be able to, essentially, make the dealership an offer?
I've had a look on Google and it seems dealerships can be open to negotiating but was just looking to see if anyone had any experience of this.
What car, how old, type of dealer?

Always room for negotiations.

Got my missus a Vauxhall Crossland X at the start of the year. She came in this morning complaining that her electronic screen used to control most feature on the car wasn’t working properly.
Seems that it is not recognising that the engine is switched on and that the vehicle has power (message comes up when you try to amend the climate settings saying so).
This obviously isn’t impacting the general running of the vehicle, but means that the radio switches itself off after a short time as it’s not recognising the engine being on. It also means that she can’t change the direction of the heaters etc.

Tried to Google it, but can’t seem to find anything on the subject. Tried resetting it to factory settings, but again, didn’t work.

Going to put it into the garage, but wondered if anyone had any ideas before I make the call and they no doubt try and rip me off for something that I don’t actually need!

Got my missus a Vauxhall Crossland X at the start of the year. She came in this morning complaining that her electronic screen used to control most feature on the car wasn’t working properly.
Seems that it is not recognising that the engine is switched on and that the vehicle has power (message comes up when you try to amend the climate settings saying so).
This obviously isn’t impacting the general running of the vehicle, but means that the radio switches itself off after a short time as it’s not recognising the engine being on. It also means that she can’t change the direction of the heaters etc.

Tried to Google it, but can’t seem to find anything on the subject. Tried resetting it to factory settings, but again, didn’t work.

Going to put it into the garage, but wondered if anyone had any ideas before I make the call and they no doubt try and rip me off for something that I don’t actually need!
It'll still be under warranty no?

Not sure what the problem is but it was like when I got a Ford Focus when they first came out. The wife complained that the dials all returned to zero every time she drove past a certain point on the city bypass. I laughed at her and then it happened to me at the exact same place. The garage done all the electronic tests and found sweet fa.

• 1 month later...
We had bought a Fiat 500 for my wife but hindsight is we should have taken the car seats with us,anyway sold it within 2 months and gave her the Tucson and I bought a DS3 14 plate 1.6 Diesel.Guy wanted £4295 but I got it for £3400.
2023196354__86.thumb.jpg.236e1154f98cbd031af068a7388a3397.jpg
Mrs Boo has one if these and likes it. I hate it. Seat handle things keep flying off. Infotainment screen and auto wipers have a mind if their own. It's OK on the motorway but dreary as hell and no fun to drive.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, keithgy said:
We had bought a Fiat 500 for my wife but hindsight is we should have taken the car seats with us,anyway sold it within 2 months and gave her the Tucson and I bought a DS3 14 plate 1.6 Diesel.Guy wanted £4295 but I got it for £3400.

Mrs Boo has one if these and likes it. I hate it. Seat handle things keep flying off. Infotainment screen and auto wipers have a mind if their own. It's OK on the motorway but dreary as hell and no fun to drive.

I am 90% motorway so bought it for the fuel consumption 

Nice housing scheme M8.@Hedgecutter will, I am sure, be along very shortly checking for any unsecured windows at the back.

Drivetrain warning message came up on my onboard computer when I was driving home just there. How much is this going to cost me? It was shuddering like f**k on the way home, itll be scotrail for me for a bit I should think.  

On 08/01/2020 at 18:19, CountyFan said:

Drivetrain warning message came up on my onboard computer when I was driving home just there. How much is this going to cost me? It was shuddering like f**k on the way home, itll be scotrail for me for a bit I should think.  

On 08/01/2020 at 19:43, CountyFan said:

BMW 3 series. I know, I deserve it, I'm a c**t in a c**t car etc etc 

Left rear ABS Ring, if not both sides. Can buy them without buying the whole driveshaft for around £30 each, but a couple of hours labour would be needed. Often need to change both sensors too. Maybe looking at a couple of hundred at worst.

Its common as f**k on BMWs. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

34 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Just had pads and discs on the rear wheels replaced and braking is awfy spongey. Can I get away with bleeding them only or will I need to do all 4?

Shouldn't be doing that. Try pulling the handbrake on and then pumping the brakes. Did they change a caliper?

45 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

No, but the garage checked if one was still good. I couldn't get the bracket for the pads off to get access to replace the disc, so took it to them to see if it needed replacing & just got them to fit the parts while they were at it, they said it was fine.

It's like I have to push it almost to the floor to get braking, seems a lot more than usual after this sort of job, I know they take some time to bed in but not had it like this before. Doesn't feel very safe to drive.

ETA: went out and pumped brakes - it got a bit firmer after 7 or 8 pumps but if I took my foot off the pedal then did it again it's back to being very spongey and going almost to the floor.

You have air in the system somewhere. Bleeding the brakes will sort it, but you have to figure out it happened as its a sealed system.