Car advice

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Going through the windscreen of Sir Jimmy's car might not be the worst thing that could happen to you.

Except for the position that going partially through the windshield is liable to leave you in…with Sir Jimmy sitting there…

9 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Had taken the first bit of the trim off to make sure there wasnt a bit of the belt I could see twisted but it all looks fine.  The car is only 5 years old and had relatively light use.

I'll try firing some WD40 into it, I just would expect if it was dirt etc that it would be unaffected by the temperature but who knows.  It was fine first thing this morning when the temperature had dropped.

Windows closed, air con on full blast was my first attempt at a solution which sadly did not work.

No idea what the fuss is here, just steal the number plates off a pre 1966 Bentley, replace them with yours and nobody will be any the wiser.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Worth it to save a couple of hundred quid. Who actually crashes anyway? And you have the air bag to soften your impact.

Cars should be like burger King. You can pick and choose what you want.

Why should I waste money on passenger seats, indicators, more than one fog light setting and second gear ?

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Cars should be like burger King. You can pick and choose what you want.

Why should I waste money on passenger seats, indicators, more than one fog light setting and second gear ?

Tbf, that's what BMW used to do with the stereo being an optional extra.  They are now included but at the expense of indicators.

Wee update on my brakes situation after taking it in to a local garage.

Pads are fine, discs are a wee bit corroded but nothing to worry about.  Sod all needs done at this point in time.

Seems like Lexus are at it and trying to con me out of a grands worth of work that doesn’t need done.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Asked a sign company to make them up so will see how it comes out. Heard of someone with them on their grey Volvo but instead of the prancing horse the pic is of an elk.

Are they going to be the same size as the Ferrari badge? Don't think it would look right being any bigger.

If you feel like branching out on the super car route you could replace the bull of Lamborghini with Renton 

54 minutes ago, 101 said:

Are they going to be the same size as the Ferrari badge? Don't think it would look right being any bigger.

If you feel like branching out on the super car route you could replace the bull of Lamborghini with Renton 

Yeah, only small as there’s only one wee spot where they’d fit. Maybe swap the Vauxhall badge for Peter Grant’s mugshot when we lift the title.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yeah, only small as there’s only one wee spot where they’d fit. Maybe swap the Vauxhall badge for Peter Grant’s mugshot when we lift the title.

He would look great in chrome tbf

I traded my car in last week. I bought it for £5k in January (was a stop gap) and Evans Halshaw are trying to punt it for £6700!
That's how it works unfortunately. I traded my first car into Peter Vardy and got £600 for it. A week later it was on Auto Trader for £1600.