Car advice

12 hours ago, Raidernation said:

My Jeep is currently back at the dealership again as, for some bizarre reason, it won’t start if the temperature is below about 20F ( pretty common here in winter)
Definitely not a battery issue and seems to have them stumped
Thankfully it’s still under warranty and the keep giving me loan cars.

Got this one for now
It’s not a V8 sadly but has all sorts of silliness like “track mode” @sport setting” & “launch control”
I’m having great fun emoji1787.png

IMG_1765.jpg

On our honeymoon in Canada we upgraded our hire car to a top of the line Chrysler 300 as it was cheaper than hiring a sat nav.

It had a 5.5 litre V8 and was tremendous fun in a straight line.  Made a fantastic noise.  The bizarre thing was it was one of these HEMI engines that Chrysler make which, I think, shuts down half the engine when you are just tootling along to increase efficiency.  On a long run up one of the motorways I got about 40mpg out it.

Advice please - 2011 Ford Focus 1.6TDCi - "Engine Malfunction" came on this morning when under hard acceleration (joining motorway).  When I put the foot down, the car felt sluggish for a sec then the message popped up - after that, I couldn't accelerate hard at all (limp mode?). Kinda felt like the car was starved of fuel for a second - any ideas welcome?
Car is booked in for  a service tomorrow
Well, you were all wrong

€40 on a new fuel filter and I fixed the fucker myself

Happy out

I have a question, I wonder if any of you knowledgeable folk could help me.

There's something weirdly wrong with our Zafira's (yes, I have given up on life) headlights. When I turn the dips on they stay on for about 2-3 seconds, then the offside one goes down to just the sidelight. The sidelights, beams and fog lights are unaffected. I can't think of anything that could be causing the dip to come on fine, and then go out. Any ideas?

Car sales must be really struggling right now. I was after a BMW 1 series back in November and the sales guy wouldn’t budge on price whatsoever. Had a look tonight out of curiosity and it’s now £2500 less than what they were looking for originally, and less than what I’d offered. 

16 hours ago, Scosha said:

Car sales must be really struggling right now. I was after a BMW 1 series back in November and the sales guy wouldn’t budge on price whatsoever. Had a look tonight out of curiosity and it’s now £2500 less than what they were looking for originally, and less than what I’d offered. 

I thought it would be the same, but I’m looking for an A-Class at the moment and Mercedes aren’t moving at all on price which surprised me.

Is buying a Touran an admission that I am a middle aged mess? Is there a comparable car that would not make the same admission? Am I admitting it no matter what similar car I buy, and what would anyone recommend instead of a Touran?

The Polo isn’t really cutting it for boot space and I want something I can fit a Thule bike trailer into, as we are now tending to use that as a buggy more than we are an actual buggy.

Is buying a Touran an admission that I am a middle aged mess? Is there a comparable car that would not make the same admission? Am I admitting it no matter what similar car I buy, and what would anyone recommend instead of a Touran?
The Polo isn’t really cutting it for boot space and I want something I can fit a Thule bike trailer into, as we are now tending to use that as a buggy more than we are an actual buggy.
I would always go for an estate rather than an MPV/SUV. Have you thought about a Passat?

My ex has the seat equivalent which was cheaper than the vw but I’d essentially a vw. He needed the seats as continued breeding.

I found estate car better than people carrier for boot space, longer wheel base meant better boot space. 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Skoda Yeti. 

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, Ross. said:

I would always go for an estate rather than an MPV/SUV. Have you thought about a Passat?

If going down the estate car route I would probably go for an Octavia. Seem to be best value for money?

44 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My ex has the seat equivalent which was cheaper than the vw but I’d essentially a vw. He needed the seats as continued breeding.

I found estate car better than people carrier for boot space, longer wheel base meant better boot space. 

Altea? Was looking at them earlier, not many on the market here and all that were had over 150k on the clock.

34 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Skoda Yeti. 

Will have a look at this later.