Car advice

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Fcuk him. That’s what he is paid to do. He was just pissed off that he got soaked doing his job. 😂 

Aye, I know but I did feel a bit of a dick to be sitting in the nice warm pub drinking whilst he was working in the pouring rain.

Actually, f**k it,  I'd do the same again come to think of it!

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

I think it varies from car to car. Some have spares, some have the aerosol, some you have to spec from the options list. 

My first TT came with no spare. The jack and wheel brace was there as was the (empty) space where the spare should have been. One of the first thing I bought for it was a spare wheel. £80 off eBay i think it was. One of those space saver things. Thankfully, I've not had to use it. 

My last three cars have not had spare wheels and I’m glad I’ve not had a puncture because the other options are only good in theory not in practice.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My last three cars have not had spare wheels and I’m glad I’ve not had a puncture because the other options are only good in theory not in practice.

The space saver wheel is better than it sounds and dead easy to change. Drives fine.

We're way past the old "if you can't change a wheel, you shouldn't be driving". These days a lot of cars don't even have a spare wheel. 
Lots of people don't have any basic mechanical skills these days. 
IMO the ability the change a wheel should be part of the driving test. Or at least part of a driving lesson. More important than programming the sat nav.  
Probably the same people who wouldn't know how to wire a plug. The one I did the other day must've been the first for about 10 years at least!!

10 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:
We're way past the old "if you can't change a wheel, you shouldn't be driving". These days a lot of cars don't even have a spare wheel. 
Lots of people don't have any basic mechanical skills these days. 
IMO the ability the change a wheel should be part of the driving test. Or at least part of a driving lesson. More important than programming the sat nav.  

Probably the same people who wouldn't know how to wire a plug. The one I did the other day must've been the first for about 10 years at least!!

I swapped an engine over in a Mark III Cortina once getting the instructions from a Hayes manual.  Now I couldn’t be arsed changing a wheel if I could avoid it.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:
I think it varies from car to car. Some have spares, some have the aerosol, some you have to spec from the options list. 
My first TT came with no spare. The jack and wheel brace was there as was the (empty) space where the spare should have been. One of the first thing I bought for it was a spare wheel. £80 off eBay i think it was. One of those space saver things. Thankfully, I've not had to use it. 

Audi TT? You sure that space wasnt for your hairdryer and straighteners?

Have you seen his pictures on here? Mr Pledge and a duster more like.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, I know but I did feel a bit of a dick to be sitting in the nice warm pub drinking whilst he was working in the pouring rain.

Actually, f**k it,  I'd do the same again come to think of it!

I can understand why he was raging at changing a wheel in the rain on a car you wouldn't have been able to drive home anyway as you were getting pished.

31 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:
emoji38.png  
Aw bless! 

It's okay I drive a mk1 mx5, the ultimate hairdresser car.

They're great fun though aren't they?? :) 

I do look atMX5's occasionally.

At the moment, I'm fat, bald and only 48. Once I'm >50 I think I'll have one. Proper mid life crisis etc, etc, etc :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

They're great fun though aren't they?? :) 

I do look atMX5's occasionally.

At the moment, I'm fat, bald and only 48. Once I'm >50 I think I'll have one. Proper mid life crisis etc, etc, etc :lol: 

I prefer a loud and fast Impreza turbo.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:
emoji38.png  
Aw bless! 

It's okay I drive a mk1 mx5, the ultimate hairdresser car.

Me too, or rather it's my rolling project.   Contrary to all the digs about hairdressers cars,

the seller assured me that it was in fact a pussy magnet.

WP_20170629_14_28_46_Pro.jpg

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I swapped an engine over in a Mark III Cortina once getting the instructions from a Hayes manual.  Now I couldn’t be arsed changing a wheel if I could avoid it.

Tbf it probably takes longer to change a wheel.

After replacing car last year I popped a tyre, 6th and 7th seats in where you'd expect a spare, no tyreweld had to wait on rescue.
Once a temp was fitted and car taken in to have tyre replaced and refit I noticed a banging noise, the pot hole cost me a tyre and took the suspension mounts off.
When up on the lift for suspension replacing, I spotted my spare bolted to the underside of the car. I have never been more annoyed in all my life.

Edit: actually more annoyed they resurfaced the road two weeks later. Would have saved me near €300