Car advice

On 13/11/2022 at 12:01, 101 said:

Anyone know a good coach works/ body shop in Fife, the w****r who did it fucked off without leaving a note. Needless to say I hope their next shite is a hedgehog.

IMG_20221113_101446.jpg

TLC Body repairs next to the Kia garage opposite Pittencrieff Park, VW send their cars there for small repairs.

5 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

How long should you be getting out of a set of tyres? I’m getting barely 10k miles out of a set on the front of my car at the moment, which seems ridiculous to me. 

@TxRover is correct. A mixed combination of any of (you choose) shit steering geometry, incorrect inflation, poor driving technique and cheap tyres eats tyres. All are fixable.

The wife’s A1 has 30k miles on it and it still has its’ original Hankooks. 

33 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Give it a couple of days to find out if we get nuked to buggery.

If not I'll be adding it to the claims against Russia saying one of their stray drones hit the car

14 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My alignment was out by a decent bit, causing the high wear on the inside of the tyres. Straightened out and new (mid range, always go mid range) tyres fitted, hopefully get a lot more from this set. 

That’ll do it, alright. Now, every little while, when you check tyre pressures, or add a wee bit of air, take a quick look at the wear across the tread. Here’s a quick summary article, even if it’s spelt wrong:

https://www.tirereview.com/reading-tire-wear-patterns/

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It is now 8 weeks Arnold Shark have had my wife's car,they are waiting on a wiring loom for the fuel tank and according to them the only place that makes them are in Ukraine.

Careful, fair chance after “repair” the SatNav will keep pointing you at Moscow, and there might be a suspicious package strapped to the underside.

1 minute ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Looking to trade in my car soon. Are webuyanycar any good or better off to go to dealership?

I sold my Mokka to webuyanycar last year and they were ok to deal with,they took £100 off the original price was better than i thought.I got £11750 for it 2 months after buying it for £10700.It is now on sale at a dealer for £11020 and they have had it in stock for a year.

17 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Looking to trade in my car soon. Are webuyanycar any good or better off to go to dealership?

WBAC whilst no as cunty as they used to be will still try and chip you away from the 'agreed' value when you take the car to them. 

As the transaction takes minutes these days, why not see what the dealer offers you first? You could then go to WBAC in the showroom to compare. If there's not too much difference, the dealer may match a WBAC offer. If they do, I'd be trading it there and then. 

17 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

I wouldn't bother with them again. I tested the market with my wife's car and their first offer was £6k. Over the next 2 - 3 weeks it went up to £8k by ignoring them. I can't be fucked with that.

Also, I contacted to sell them a van which was off the road. They said they wouldn't buy it unless I took it to their Falkirk base. From that I deduce that they don't buy any car. 

Charlatans.