Car advice

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

The remote locking and keyless start has stopped working on my car.

Had a good three month run there with nothing major.....

Check the battery in the remote? If you hold the key fob up next to the start button for several seconds, does the car start (some cars have a spot to put a dead fob in the center console instead)?

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Check the battery in the remote? If you hold the key fob up next to the start button for several seconds, does the car start (some cars have a spot to put a dead fob in the center console instead)?

Yeah by the steering wheel and it starts.

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Urgh.

MOT failed.

The brakes are needing done, I'm fine with that and expected it.

The exhaust emissions are pretty high. The limit is 0.54, mine are up at 1.7. They need to investigate. I just hope it's not the DPF filter.

Useful little article: https://dipetane.com/my-diesel-failed-an-mot-emissions-test-now-what/

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the car hasn't been used for long journeys and hasn't had a chance for a regen, plus it probably needs an oil change. I gave it a bit of thrash before the MOT but no use.

Sounds like a good long run somewhere, then an oil change, and another long run is in order.

Edit: A quick Google for your model might bring up the regen activation parameters, and allow you to ensue it gets going.

Edited by TxRover

• 4 weeks later...