Car advice

On 09/06/2022 at 17:12, Shandön Par said:

Latest midlife crisis car incoming..

image.jpeg.09980085f1da9da3281b8b5918ea0590.jpeg

Got the Cupra Formentor mentioned a while back too. Really nice motor. 

On 11/06/2022 at 08:13, alta-pete said:

There must be something in the water. I too have taken a similar plunge. Not particularly looking forward to the 9hr drive back up the road from West Sussex though…

F1390912-3CEB-4B50-ADD8-0A07B40CECE4.jpeg

How you getting on @Shandön Par

Drove mine back up from West Sussex last week, never missed a beat. Been out n about in it all weekend. Love it, proper old school driving experience  

Biggest issue is forgetting to put cream on, keep burning ma napper! 

Aw it’s ace! Can see why it’s previous owner was welling up when he was selling it to me. Makes such a good noise. Just wafts about but so fast if you prod it. How is yours?

2C33F06E-6B4C-468F-B5FE-2091A813A768.png

Edited by Shandön Par

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

That lime green Fiat 500 looks outstanding 

There's a modified Volvo on the street that sounds like it's got hole in exhaust. It's a car for a geography teacher, no some early thirties w**k to wake entire street at 6am.

28 minutes ago, RH33 said:

There's a modified Volvo on the street that sounds like it's got hole in exhaust. It's a car for a geography teacher, no some early thirties w**k to wake entire street at 6am.

Yeh that's just annoying.

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

****d *****

Eta: thought I'd better edit that a bit, just in case you thought I wouldn't actually get it.  😉

So you're the reason there's a queue of blokes at my door.

I’m a young-looking 50 year old. My Volvo is making some terrible noises. I have an early start commuting to work and I’m concerned the noise may be annoying my neighbours. I’ve tried winding the windows down and turning up the heating - usually good advice - but that just makes the problem worse. Should I try turning the radio up too?

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m a young-looking 50 year old. My Volvo is making some terrible noises. I have an early start commuting to work and I’m concerned the noise may be annoying my neighbours. I’ve tried winding the windows down and turning up the heating - usually good advice - but that just makes the problem worse. Should I try turning the radio up too?

I would consult with the Minister of Transport. She lives just doon the road. Or maybe she is one of the neighbours.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I would consult with the Minister of Transport. She lives just doon the road. Or maybe she is one of the neighbours.

Good suggestion. Hopefully she can offer some advice. I’ll write to her now.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Good suggestion. Hopefully she can offer some advice. I’ll write to her now.

Don’t bother with that. Just get up a 1/2 hour early for work and go get the car warmed up. She’ll find you. HTH.  

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

So you're the reason there's a queue of blokes at my door.

Just glad that the anomalously high number of doorsteps you have will be of some use.  😉

If anyone's got an old Nissan, the latest satnav updates on SD card, Version 11, are actually up to date. The maps on the ones I've bought before I don't think had changed since around 2010. I bought mine from this firm https://www.satnavconnect.com/ for £39, Nissan charge £109 and you can get them for around £20 on Ebay I think. Covers Europe.

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

KIA is doing some incredible design stuff just now. Fine choice.

In the US it’s truly kicking ass. Currently offers a 5 yr/60k basic warranty and 10 yr/100k powertrain warranty, in the US….what’s the current standard warranty’s in the UK for Kia?

55 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In the US it’s truly kicking ass. Currently offers a 5 yr/60k basic warranty and 10 yr/100k powertrain warranty, in the US….what’s the current standard warranty’s in the UK for Kia?

7 year/100k is standard, details in the link.

https://www.kia.com/uk/owners/insurance-and-warranty/7-year-warranty/terms-and-exclusions/

Edited by welshbairn

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

It was always 5 here as they established themselves as a budget/relatable brand but 7 years/100k miles now.