Car advice

16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I like the same sign when it has a message that says “sign not in use”. That message is quite a philosophical puzzler.

Speaking of curious signs, this one in Drumnadrochit made me stop and think about what could be going on here. 

The speech bubble someone added says "I love it when a plan comes together".

No photo description available.

On 20/11/2021 at 09:00, alta-pete said:

Is it diesel? Could be doing a forced dpf re-gen. Basically, your soot filter’s getting clogged. Take for a run along the A1 in 3rd gear and that’ll clear it. 

Not a diesel, but I tried your tip of running it in 3rd down the A1, lo and behold, no fan coming on since.

Cheers for that 👍 

Does fuel get pumped out from the bottom of the tank? If so, would this supposed rubbish at the bottom not get into the filter on every startup?

Or does the rubbish get suspended in the fuel?

Or is it just one of these things that has been passed down through the ages and now taken as a matter of fact.

On 23/11/2021 at 17:55, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Does fuel get pumped out from the bottom of the tank? If so, would this supposed rubbish at the bottom not get into the filter on every startup?

Or does the rubbish get suspended in the fuel?

Or is it just one of these things that has been passed down through the ages and now taken as a matter of fact.

Physics doesn’t matter to car fetishists.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I rented a Jag today which is pretty cool, but for some reason I said I got a F Pace R Sport AWD 2.0d on PCP so nobody will be any the wiser.

Oh Welshy is salty after a tough few days on the board.

Edited by Thorongil

My wife bought a 65 plate Vauxhall Adam from a car dealer in Hamilton l,delivered the car an within 30 mins the engine management light was on.

They came out and cleared it and after 6 days it has came back on,luckily the car can be returned with 14 days if we are not happy so that is what we have done.

• 3 weeks later...