Car advice

Going for a lease through my work on a full electric VW ID3. It’s salary sacrifice that is taken off gross (this is the company trying to be green) so it’s going to cost me about £250 a month and that includes insurance, maintenance etc.
Anyone driven one of these before? Range seems to be about 200 miles which will be more than enough to cover the limited amount of driving i plan to do in it.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

Anyone driven one of these before?

Not driven one myself but a mate had one ordered. Right up until he saw the build 'quality' and politely declined. 

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

Didn't really like the interior of the RX450H when we looked at it, which granted was a few years back.  We chose the Outlander over it.

What?  The quality of the finish on the RX with the use of soft materials and proper headliners etc. is a galaxy away from the plastics on the outlander.  Personal preference obviously but I would take the premium of Lexus over the cheapness of materials in the mitsubishi every day.

Wife is forever lamenting selling her RX.

Edited by strichener

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My wife has a fiat 500. I hate it, I can’t do the 5 minute drive in to Perth in it without my back feeling absolutely wrecked. Most uncomfortable car we’ve ever had. She likes it though, and it’s very rare I have to drive it, so it serves a purpose. 

I once had to drive to Brora and back from Glasgow in a Fiat 500 as my car was in the garage. It literally took me weeks to recover from a sore back and right achilles.

On 15/11/2021 at 18:05, Thorongil said:

It does seem expensive now that you and others have pointed out the reliability.

I don’t like Audis, Mercs or any of the current BMW shapes and I (without a hint of shame) want to move up from my Kia Sportage. It’s shit.

What’s a good alternative? VW Touareg? They look nice but the stupid name bothers me.

Tend not to be keen on SUV looking type... things, but I really really like the look of the Cupra Formentor, know absolutely nada about them beyond that imo they're cracking looking motors. Might be worth a test drive if you fancy the look of it, if you're in F-Pace/Range Rover territory afaik they're in that ball park.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, strichener said:

What?  The quality of the finish on the RX with the use of soft materials and proper headliners etc. is a galaxy away from the plastics on the outlander.  Personal preference obviously but I would take the premium of Lexus over the cheapness of materials in the mitsubishi every day.

Wife is forever lamenting selling her RX.

I drive a Lexus.  Had a couple so know what they’re like.  We didn’t like the RX.  The Outlander is a lovely car to be in.

20 minutes ago, David W said:

I once had to drive to Brora and back from Glasgow in a Fiat 500 as my car was in the garage. It literally took me weeks to recover from a sore back and right achilles.

I can well believe that. I can feel my back twinging just at the thought!

24 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My wife has a fiat 500. I hate it, I can’t do the 5 minute drive in to Perth in it without my back feeling absolutely wrecked. Most uncomfortable car we’ve ever had. She likes it though, and it’s very rare I have to drive it, so it serves a purpose. 

I can relate to that. Several times when in Spain, I ended up hiring these awful cars - like you say, so uncomfortable, the Spanish ones were even worse 'cos the steering wheel was always on the wrong side.

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I can relate to that. Several times when in Spain, I ended up hiring these awful cars - like you say, so uncomfortable, the Spanish ones were even worse 'cos the steering wheel was always on the wrong side.

Did you try sitting in the left hand seat when driving one in Spain?   Might have been a bit more comfortable if you weren’t stretching so much to drive it.

Just now, Left Back said:

Did you try sitting in the left hand seat when driving one in Spain?   Might have been a bit more comfortable if you weren’t stretching so much to drive it.

Yeah, tried that. Still uncomfortable, plus the fact I invariably got in on the wrong side.

You guys have made me think again. I’ll be leasing and I don’t think I’ll go for the Velar and F-Pace has a year waiting list. 
Any suggestions? Needs to be SUV and not one of the wee ones. My wife has a Skoda Kodiaq and it’s alright. What are good alternatives to that?

Can I throw a Jeep Grand Cherokee into the mix. On my second one and the latest is much less thirsty than the first. The kit on the top of the range Summit version that I have is impressive although as per usual I’ve still to read the manual after having had it for two years so suspect I only know about a quarter of what it does.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Can I throw a Jeep Grand Cherokee into the mix. On my second one and the latest is much less thirsty than the first. The kit on the top of the range Summit version that I have is impressive although as per usual I’ve still to read the manual after having had it for two years so suspect I only know about a quarter of what it does.

Is it 4 wheel drive?

On 15/11/2021 at 18:19, Arthur daley said:

personally i would jailbait it as its only a three year old motor, but would depend on the price of the warranty, and 42 k is not that much done more this year alone but as u know it’s all a risk lol 

You drive ~1,000 miles per week in your own car?