Car advice

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
Spotted the new Pug 208 GTi up in the supermarket car park earlier.  More than a passing resemblance to the classic 205 
1-peugeot-e-208-gti-render-2020-tracking-side.jpg.e1e384ad98d99f86bbb0bbb67075e9e3.jpg
YfEbmPynTfyWOVWlS8_vEg.jpeg.1dfcbe8fc81993ff772e7e8dc98e6f09.jpeg

Wonder how long it is before car companies re-release the retro hot hatches like the 205 GTI and the Renault 5 GT Turbo. I for one am all for it aslong as they dont butcher the execution (which they almost certainly would).

fantasy land for my price range but all for more cars styled like this -1989 audi quattro😍

no fake exhausts, no stupid nonsense on the grille, just an utterly gorgeous looking motor.

image.png.3f5bbdb312218571519c590d7e1b4adf.png

edit: would also settle for an auld lancia delta

image.png.cb68a4b3a8d333b87bf207bd5cd4ad88.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

12 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

fantasy land for my price range but all for more cars styled like this -1989 audi quattro😍

no fake exhausts, no stupid nonsense on the grille, just an utterly gorgeous looking motor.

image.png.3f5bbdb312218571519c590d7e1b4adf.png

edit: would also settle for an auld lancia delta

image.png.cb68a4b3a8d333b87bf207bd5cd4ad88.png

Saw an Abarth 595 yesterday and it was painted in a Delta Evo yellow and had those same wheels.

The new little mad Yaris is another cut from the same cloth. Seen a few in Edinburgh. I’m too old and sensible now but would have had one of those 10 years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.70ce3d9152f992d09c7b75f29002190b.jpeg

My van has mostly the new 208 chassis and it’s so good to drive. It’s not that fast in a straight line but the handling and ride is superb. 

On 12/05/2021 at 09:07, Rasputin said:

Saw an Abarth 595 yesterday and it was painted in a Delta Evo yellow and had those same wheels.

The new little mad Yaris is another cut from the same cloth. Seen a few in Edinburgh. I’m too old and sensible now but would have had one of those 10 years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.70ce3d9152f992d09c7b75f29002190b.jpeg

My van has mostly the new 208 chassis and it’s so good to drive. It’s not that fast in a straight line but the handling and ride is superb. 

Those Yaris' will be cheap in a couple of years.

Gearboxes are weak as f**k.

On 11/05/2021 at 17:56, KnightswoodBear said:

Spotted the new Pug 208 GTi up in the supermarket car park earlier.  More than a passing resemblance to the classic 205 

1-peugeot-e-208-gti-render-2020-tracking-side.jpg

YfEbmPynTfyWOVWlS8_vEg.jpeg

That's quite nice, we are looking for a new car just now might have a look at a 208.

Although we did have a 206 GTI, things didn't end so well....

IMG_0219.thumb.JPG.ca6b01ff6535c837178ff9a68a754713.JPGIMG_0218.thumb.JPG.445180f5557a5f5b5639644e9bf9137d.JPG

Talking of classic 80s designs I used to have this Japanese import Supercharger MK1 MR2. Best looking hairdressers motor ever IMHO Still regret selling it.

A178DBA7-1FF5-4F24-A705-0CAD9E7EF81C.jpeg

3B576832-5312-4B55-8B15-208E3B0832A3.jpeg

Edited by Munter

On my car, if the fuel level is low and you don't put much in then it takes ages to update the dashboard level, same outfit leave the keys in the ignition with the electrics on.
It's never done that before though, should have registered at least half a tank before. Car is only a couple years old. Stupid Romanian made tinpot.

It's never done that before though, should have registered at least half a tank before. Car is only a couple years old. Stupid Romanian made tinpot.
If it's Romanian I'm guessing it's a Dacia? I'm sure they're made by Renault who seem to be known for temperamental fuel gauges.

I got a new Megane last year and it was in the dealer after a month as the fuel gauge got stuck at the "full" position. They recalibrated the gauges or something like that and it's been fine since.

On 16/05/2021 at 20:26, Ron Aldo said:

If it's Romanian I'm guessing it's a Dacia? I'm sure they're made by Renault who seem to be known for temperamental fuel gauges.

I got a new Megane last year and it was in the dealer after a month as the fuel gauge got stuck at the "full" position. They recalibrated the gauges or something like that and it's been fine since.

I know there are millions of them out there but when I see the words "Renault Megane"  I just shudder. Never, never again. 

Lets say hypothetically you or your partner were in a very tiny scrape changing lanes, and the person you bumped into had a look at the time and saw nothing, then later on sent pictures of multiple scratches that couldn't possibly be you, as the bump occurred at an angle, these scratches are all across the width of the bumper, and there is zero evidence on your car of any bump whatsoever. No scratches, no paint transfer, nothing. 

Hypothetically this person also got the details of the lane change wrong, claimed he was "moved in his seat" by the bump, and assured you it was too dark to see the scratches at the time, despite it being the middle of the day and perfectly clear. 

The only information this person has is you or your partners phone number. No names, no reg, no insurance etc.

How far would you tell this hypothetical person to bolt?

12 minutes ago, deej said:

Lets say hypothetically you or your partner were in a very tiny scrape changing lanes, and the person you bumped into had a look at the time and saw nothing, then later on sent pictures of multiple scratches that couldn't possibly be you, as the bump occurred at an angle, these scratches are all across the width of the bumper, and there is zero evidence on your car of any bump whatsoever. No scratches, no paint transfer, nothing. 

Hypothetically this person also got the details of the lane change wrong, claimed he was "moved in his seat" by the bump, and assured you it was too dark to see the scratches at the time, despite it being the middle of the day and perfectly clear. 

The only information this person has is you or your partners phone number. No names, no reg, no insurance etc.

Whose fault was it.... ?

4 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Whose fault was it.... ?

The bump? Hers. She admitted as much straightaway. 

The scratches? No chance they were caused by our car, or even today. 

Tell them you'll be in contact with your insurance company, no witnesses, no proof and tell your wife to admit f**k all.

46 minutes ago, deej said:

The bump? Hers. She admitted as much straightaway. 

The scratches? No chance they were caused by our car, or even today. 

"........ Lets say hypothetically you or your partner were in a very tiny scrape changing lanes, and the person you bumped into had a look at the time..... "

Tbh,   your phrasing makes it look rather like it was your fault, and you're looking for a way out.

Just go to your insurers and explain the situation. They have professional assessors who will tell him he's at it if they get a credible account from your partner (& volunteering to be involved is the first step towards appearing the more credible). Even if he's talking shite about his own damage he only has to phone the polis and your lives become much more complicated than necessary.
Chances are police would tell them to bolt as it's a civil matter and to phone the insurance company.

3 hours ago, beefybake said:

"........ Lets say hypothetically you or your partner were in a very tiny scrape changing lanes, and the person you bumped into had a look at the time..... "

Tbh,   your phrasing makes it look rather like it was your fault, and you're looking for a way out.

It was her fault, she has admitted as much, but there is no way the damage he is claiming occurred today. There is no sign of any damage whatsoever on our car, and the damage he is claiming is several chips spread out across the bumper where she would have to have hit him more than once