Car advice

I'm currently looking into the prospect of changing my car and was looking into leasing.

My current car is about 3/4 of the way through a 4 year PCP deal. The settlement figure is £10.8k and most valuation sites give a rough valuation of £11.5k and up. I'm therefore fairly confident that I'm in positive equity but my question is can I sell the car (either privately or to a dealer) and simply pay the settlement figure or is this likely to cause problems given the car is on PCP.

My thinking is I would sell the car, pay off the finance then pocket the equity to put towards a lease but that seems a bit too straightforward. If anyone can enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 09:12, MP_MFC said:

Looking to trade my car in and move up to a dadmobile (any input on Tucson vs Sportage appreciated).

Is it wise to wait until I get the car through it's MOT (31/3) or get rid of it before? This will be the first MOT so I don't foresee many issues

We have a Tucson and it is an excellent car,great driving position and comfortable drive.As for the MOT you can do that at anytime.

Test drove a Tucson today, cracking car, very nice ride. Was all set for it but decided to test drive a Sportage to be sure and it blew me away, just as nice a car and a bit nicer inside. Think that's the one. Was surprised as I really thought the Tucson would be it.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

And if you're buying 2nd hand then represents much better value than a SUV/Crossover such as the Sportgage or Tucson.

Wasn’t really in response to anyone. Just a general post! 

And if you're buying 2nd hand then represents much better value than a SUV/Crossover such as the Sportgage or Tucson.
Agreed. My dad has a Mondeo and the amount of space inside is unreal. Pretty sure it would be much better to drive than any SUV as well.

24 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Agreed. My dad has a Mondeo and the amount of space inside is unreal. Pretty sure it would be much better to drive than any SUV as well.

I’m 5ft 3 and can lie in the boot, which is handy if I ever take up dogging!

Anyone use one of these things? I've been thinking about getting one given the number of near misses I've had on the roads, since moving to the Greater Manchester area, after years of relative calm driving in and around Inverness.

This device sounds like it could be useful but would appear to me rather bulky when stuck on a car windscreen. Certainly on offer at a decent price :

https://www.gogroopie.com/all/1rrwiyi1ei1/_ggpprice_918C_280220_3in1dash

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Anyone use one of these things? I've been thinking about getting one given the number of near misses I've had on the roads, since moving to the Greater Manchester area, after years of relative calm driving in and around Inverness.

This device sounds like it could be useful but would appear to me rather bulky when stuck on a car windscreen. Certainly on offer at a decent price :

Thoughts?

I cant see it due the fucking subscription pish.

47 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Thoughts?

It's £19.99, it's pish but will probably cause an accident by distracting you.

Apologies if this has been discussed before on the thread.

A neighbour recently dinged my car (we're 99% sure who it is but no way to prove it) leaving a small dent in the rear driver side door, close to where it meets the driver door with a small accompanying scratch.

It's a Volvo V40 and, having taken it to the local Volvo approved bodyshop to get a quote, they've come back with over £1000. This includes removal of both doors, paint etc.

Now, I'm really not a car guy but there's no sign to me that it needs paint and removing both doors seems excessive.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is as ludicrous as it first read to me?

A neighbour recently dinged my car (we're 99% sure who it is but no way to prove it) leaving a small dent in the rear driver side door, close to where it meets the driver door with a small accompanying scratch.
It's a Volvo V40 and, having taken it to the local Volvo approved bodyshop to get a quote, they've come back with over £1000. This includes removal of both doors, paint etc.
Now, I'm really not a car guy but there's no sign to me that it needs paint and removing both doors seems excessive.
Dealerships always go over the top with everything in my experience.

I heard from a reliable source that most body shops charge about £300 a panel, be it a door,wing, cill etc repair and paint.