Car advice

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Admittedly, it is again Arnold Clark, but I also like the look of this:

https://www.arnoldclark.com/new-cars/mercedes-benz/a-class/a180d-sport-5dr-auto/0/ref/blk_njt39utpb0rpi3q1

I've sent an enquiry asking what sort of deposit they'd like to bring the monthly cost down. I won't go for red, but this looks like a go-er.

I had to drive a few hire cars recently  including the A Class and a Seat Leon 2.0  on the same day up from Dundee, to Aberdeen, to Inverness and back. The A class is shite. Cheap interior, tiny bootspace and drives like a 1.2

For same money,or less, get a Leon.

Not my words carol https://www.autoweb.co.uk/headtohead/mercedes-benz-a-class-a200-cdi-amg-sport-5dr-vs-seat-leon-2-0-tdi-fr-5dr

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I had to drive a few hire cars recently  including the A Class and a Seat Leon 2.0  on the same day up from Dundee, to Aberdeen, to Inverness and back. The A class is shite. Cheap interior, tiny bootspace and drives like a 1.2

For same money,or less, get a Leon.

Not my words carol https://www.autoweb.co.uk/headtohead/mercedes-benz-a-class-a200-cdi-amg-sport-5dr-vs-seat-leon-2-0-tdi-fr-5dr

Missus has a A class and I also had a hire one and find them pretty hateful cars. Shite with a posh badge. However, this new one seems to be getting good reviews. Parked up they look similar but on the road they look really modern - more like a wee C class and inside they're much better. The ride and engines are what put me off. Sounds/goes like a cement mixer and never felt like they'd tuned the suspension for British Roads. 

7 hours ago, supermik said:

Fitted new headlights to my motor yesterday as the old ones were really cloudy and gave a very poor performance. Looking forward to dazzling feck out of everyone before deciding to get them adjusted properly.

I just fucked about with VCDS so my DRLs blink out of sync with my indicators. 

Love the petty pointless shite you can do with VAG cars :lol:

On 9/20/2018 at 16:52, 8MileBU said:

Anybody here drive an SUV and have it on a PCP deal?

If so what do you drive? Where did you get it? What are your monthly payments? What do you like about what you’re driving? What are the pros/cons of your PCP agreement?

Any useful info appreciated.

There's quite a bit of PCP chat a few pages back. I've had quite a few but have never finished the agreement - you can still get a settlement any time and trade it in anywhere. 

How much pm are you thinking? Any deposit? The LR garage at Newbridge will do a brand new Evoque for £399 dep/£399 pm. Arnold Clark do a nice spec Seat Ateca for £288 dep/£288pm. 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

There's quite a bit of PCP chat a few pages back. I've had quite a few but have never finished the agreement - you can still get a settlement any time and trade it in anywhere. 

How much pm are you thinking? Any deposit? The LR garage at Newbridge will do a brand new Evoque for £399 dep/£399 pm. Arnold Clark do a nice spec Seat Ateca for £288 dep/£288pm. 

Sorted. Pick up new motor on Saturday.