• Created
  • Last Reply

PncU6b6.jpg

Tomorrow Morning Fourballs

Rose & Stenson V Watson & Kuchar

Donaldson & Westwood V Furyk & Mahan

Bjorn & Kaymer V Reed & Spieth

McIlroy & Poulter V Walker & Fowler

Surprised that McGinley has put out Bjorn and Kaymer together again. That match should be a stick on point for the Yanks. Also surprised to see Poulter playing as well. I'd take 2 points from those matches happily.

What a day yesterday. Was marshaling at the 18th green when both the morning and afternoon games finished there. Fantastic atmosphere in the afternoon especially. The amount of people inside the ropes following games up the last is ridiculous - must be close to 150 individuals, about half of whom are assorted media types.

The USA wives though! :wub:

Mrs Kandi Mahan.

post-19006-0-26210900-1411798228_thumb.j

The amount of people inside the ropes following games up the last is ridiculous - must be close to 150 individuals, about half of whom are assorted media types.

I thought the same, watching it on TV yesterday and it was evident again with the game going up the first just now.

The scale of it seems crazy.

Even if a spectator is right at the front, against the ropes, there must be a good chance that his or her view will be obscured by someone inside them.

The scale of it seems crazy. Even if a spectator is right at the front, against the ropes, there must be a good chance rthat his or her view will be obscured by someone inside them.

Most of them do sit down to be fair. I've certainly been surprised by the general scale of the even. I've been to a few British Opens and this is a step up again.

I'd love to see the financial numbers behind the whole thing. The prices in the merchandise tent are heftily marked up, as you would expect (although the quality and brands on show are very good), but that doesn't seem to be having much impact on people's desire to purchase; there's queues to get in the place.

Archived