Ryder Cup 2014

Jamie_B

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not First Minister of Europe or of any relevance or benefit to anyone there other than himself.

ETA: I think the mass booing let him know he's not wanted there and has no place sitting up there with the European team.

Think the mass booing shows how many c***s are there rather than anything else.

You still bitter?

I'm not bitter about anything :lol: I just don't understand why you would go to something like that and boo someone. He wasn't booed at the ceremony on Thursday that Amy McDonald sang at.

ETA - It would be like me going to an event in England, David Cameron doing a speech at it and me booing him. I wouldn't do that, because I'm not a massive bell end :lol:

You could tell from what Butch Harmon was saying during commentary that Mickelson was not best pleased by Watson. Not playing him at all on Saturday or Reed/Spieth on Friday afternoon were huge blunders by Watson.

Great stuff today, McIlroy was superb and the job McDowell and Rose did in clawing back their matches was huge. Good to see Gallacher playing well today on the big stage even if ultimately it was all in vain. He certainly looked in better form than Poulter and Bjorn.

Anyone know why Snedeker and Dufner missed out on selection? Have they played poorly this year?

As Lichtie says, Dufner was injured. Snedeker was well outside the qualifying but Watson's biggest mistake was picking the badly out of form Webb Simpson. He wouldn't have had to make that particular choice if Dustin Johnson wasn't AWOL.

Watson said yesterday that Mickelson wasn't happy at being left out and kept texting him etc wanted picked. I assumed it was the equivalent of a footballer being unhappy at being dropped but judging by his comments it seems not. Fairly annoyed about things. Would also not be surprised to see Azinger back for the next one. They've tried the last guy to win it for them in Europe so why not the last guy to win it full stop? Reckon Clarke will be the next European captain - dunno if putting Jiminez in charge of the whole thing would be a good move!

The US play rest of the world in the President's Cup - I'd love to see an equivalent where Europe play rest of the world. Surely better than the Europe v GB & Ireland Seve Trophy.

For Patrick Reed see Boo Weekley. A fanny that will fall away to be remembered only for being a cretin at a Ryder Cup. Spieth will be the real star player going forward.

Harrington, Clarke & Jiminez can all stake a claim for being next captain. Personally, I'd go with Harrington, especially as it is in America. Stricker for them.

Finally, didn't Perthshire look lovely all weekend? :)

I'd love to see Fred Couples get the job for the US next time. Still plays a bit on the tour and seems like he'd be a good bloke to play for. I'd personally give him the gig purely because his swing is sexy as f**k.

Plenty of captain choices for both teams going forward though:

US - Couples, Azinger, Stricker, Furyk, Mickelson

Europe - Clarke, Jiminez, Harrington, Westwood (more realistically in 4+ years time), Bjorn

For Patrick Reed see Boo Weekley. A fanny that will fall away to be remembered only for being a cretin at a Ryder Cup. Spieth will be the real star player going forward.

Harrington, Clarke & Jiminez can all stake a claim for being next captain. Personally, I'd go with Harrington, especially as it is in America. Stricker for them.

Finally, didn't Perthshire look lovely all weekend? :)

I'd forgotten about that buffoon :lol:

ETA: I see he's now sponsored by a company that makes hunting clothes for rednecks.

Archived